1.0.37 - Don't bother updating until you read this!

unisoft

Were the next/previous buttons supposed to be taken away from the on screen menu? Seems like a weird thing to remove really.

There is a playback option to display the transport buttons if you wish.

CrappyUserName
2 hours ago, Luke said:

There is a playback option to display the transport buttons if you wish.

I didn't see this setting on my PC but it does appear on the TV. Thanks.

The show next episode info works. It doesn't appear until right near the end but I can just quickly seek to the end of the ep and hit enter when it pops up which is good enough for me.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
unisoft
On 26/12/2022 at 18:33, unisoft said:

1.0.37 a shambles here after someone in family pressed UPDATE when emby launched and LG said there was an update:

• Only 2 themes - both dark themes. Media Center Blue removed with no warning this was going to be!!!!!!! Don't care if name changed but would like to retain blue theme.
  • Broken Vantage Point TV Intros altogether - On the LG app it used to play the intro video if you used tags even if it was already broken in most of the other apps. It used to work on most of them that had intro support and as they got updated, broke.
  • In Vantage Point Cinema Intros, instead of nice seamless black screen between various bumpers and intro idents, you now get a flash screen of grey background between each
  • After a movie has played, you get a flash of the backdrop then black screen then back to the emby details of the movie. Looks terrible.

So waited nearly 9 months for this mess. Must have been rushed out the door. Had people over and they all commented on the boring dark theme and odd behaviour with Intros.

None of the above was fixed on 1.0.39 :(

Can you show a specific example of what you're talking about with Vantage Point? I don't really have a handle on what's going on there. 

unisoft
On 21/07/2023 at 02:40, Luke said:

Can you show a specific example of what you're talking about with Vantage Point? I don't really have a handle on what's going on there. 

So you have TAGS set to play specific intros(Videos) before the main TV show in Vantage Point. It used to play them for every episode defined and seamless between each video with just a black background between each intro/video.

In Emby 1.0.37 they started to play only for the first episode in a series and not the rest of the episodes and you get "flashes" of backgrounds that are not black between each video. This also happens for Movies. The other Emby apps also got broken, so suspect this could partly be something to do with the server version (I am running the GA version not beta of Emby Server).

Cheezegeezer who wrote the plugin can't fix as a root Emby core code issue. There is a longish thread for his plugin.

In Emby 1.0.37 they started to play only for the first episode in a series and not the rest of the episodes and you get

Did you retest this, because this was resolved and I can play cinema intros before other episodes just fine.

unisoft
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you retest this, because this was resolved and I can play cinema intros before other episodes just fine.

Yes, definitely an issue with Vantage Point when using TV Intros with regards to the non-seamless playback (flashing up of Emby background before each intro is played and before main programme being played after last intro).

I'll double check whether the into is now being played for ALL tagged episodes in a series and get back on this one.

• Thanks 1

unisoft
On 23/07/2023 at 11:31, unisoft said:

Yes, definitely an issue with Vantage Point when using TV Intros with regards to the non-seamless playback (flashing up of Emby background before each intro is played and before main programme being played after last intro).

I'll double check whether the into is now being played for ALL tagged episodes in a series and get back on this one.

So on Android and the latest LG App 1.0.39, Vantage Point plugin can now play intros for every tagged episode AND can now cope with different tags and multiple intros in a folder that are named after the tag and pick the right one to play. Thumbs up! Web app on 4.7.13 just ignores intros but suspect this is fixed in a newer server version yet to be released. I haven't checked Apple TV Emby app yet.

So the only issue, is the flashing up of the Emby background - I'm pretty sure a couple of Emby versions ago (on LG) it was seamless and no background flashed up. Could this be fixed please in next release as it ruins the good work of the plugin?

Edited by unisoft

unisoft
On 27/07/2023 at 07:43, Luke said:

What exactly is the flashing?

Its not "flashing" - but instead of a seamless black background into the start of a programme, the emby backdrop appears for a couple of seconds. So if WMC Theme, its the blue background, if theme is blue radience and it's that background. It just looks odd and didn't used to be this way.

• Thanks 1