Cannot seek emby iOS app

embylad892746
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

embylad892746

The skip “10 secs” buttons work but if I touch and hold the seek position circle and drag it up the timeline it does nothing.

iOS: 2.25, server: 4.7.10.0

• 1 month later...
embylad892746

@Luke this issue still persists for me. Any updates or suggestions? Seeking is basically completely broke on iOS. Can’t “slide seek” at all as whatever you slide to just goes back instantly from where you started. Also, the skip forwards only works for 10 second increments. If I change it in playback settings to 30 secs then I can’t skip at all. Also backwards skip same problem but even worse because I skip back at all. Does nothing.

HI, we've just submitted a new update to the store, so as soon as it releases please try that and let us know how it compares. Thanks.

HI, Emby for iOS 2.2.6 has been released. Please try it out and let us know how it compares. Thanks !

embylad892746

@Luke  fixed! Great iOS release! Seeking is smooth as butter 🧈. I now pronounce iOS 2.2.6 official release name as “Butter Seek” 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
embylad892746

Hi @Luke,

Just noticed seeking is broken again on iOS, at least for me. Also if I click download nothing happens.

Server: 4.7.14.0

ios app: 2.2.12

Edited by embylad892746

53 minutes ago, embylad892746 said:

Hi @Luke,

Just noticed seeking is broken again on iOS, at least for me. Also if I click download nothing happens.

Server: 4.7.14.0

ios app: 2.2.12

Hi, can you please describe what exactly is happening? thanks.

embylad892746

While watching, If I click my finger on the seeking bar at the bottom, I can drag the white line, but as soon as I let go (to select a place to play from) it just snaps back to the current playing point.

also, not probably related but the “continue watching” list is acting sporadically. Some items in that queue are half watched, but if I select them they start playback from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
embylad892746

I i found the culprit. This makes zero logical sense to me, but proxying my traffic through cloudflare (regardless of any cache setting) broke seeking for me. With it turned off it's working fine now.

• Thanks 1

I am having the exact same issue and also using cloudflare proxied DNS. Not just an iOS app issue, happening android app (3.3.29) but appears to work fine on the fire TV app  @Lukeis there anything that can be done on Emby's side to resolve?

embylad892746
13 hours ago, Looie said:

I am having the exact same issue and also using cloudflare proxied DNS. Not just an iOS app issue, happening android app (3.3.29) but appears to work fine on the fire TV app  @Lukeis there anything that can be done on Emby's side to resolve?

Try turning off cloudflare proxy, does this fix it?

also, does your tv use local ip address to connect to emby? If it does and your phone is using public ip to connect then I wouldn’t compare them because there are several more considerations for connecting over the internet that could affect performance.

10 hours ago, embylad892746 said:

Try turning off cloudflare proxy, does this fix it?

also, does your tv use local ip address to connect to emby? If it does and your phone is using public ip to connect then I wouldn’t compare them because there are several more considerations for connecting over the internet that could affect performance.

I'd prefer to keep the DNS proxy on so connecting via public IP is the work around I've gone for (which works fine), however this isn't ideal either as it meant opening up an additional port rather than going through my reverse proxy. 

Fire TV and iOS app are connected over the internet, completely different network from the emby server. Android was tested on mobile data. 

I've just seen this pinned thread: 

Will have a read through and try some of the recommended settings 

Edited by Looie
Add additional link

On 9/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, Looie said:

I'd prefer to keep the DNS proxy on so connecting via public IP is the work around I've gone for (which works fine), however this isn't ideal either as it meant opening up an additional port rather than going through my reverse proxy. 

Fire TV and iOS app are connected over the internet, completely different network from the emby server. Android was tested on mobile data. 

I've just seen this pinned thread: 

Will have a read through and try some of the recommended settings 

Let us know how this goes. Thanks.