HDR10 passthrough

Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

I have been trying to get HDR pass through with the internal player with no success. I have tried GPU and GPU-NEXT and both show up as SRD on my JVC NZ7.

The File is fine because DVD Fab players passes HDR10 fine.

Edited by Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

So can someone say if Theater supports HDR10? Do I need to look for another option to be able to have the HDR10 play back?

generiq
17 minutes ago, Mopar_Mudder said:

So can someone say if Theater supports HDR10? Do I need to look for another option to be able to have the HDR10 play back?

It does. Are you sure it's not being transcoded?

generiq
27 minutes ago, Mopar_Mudder said:

How do I tell if it is? It is being played on the same machine that Emby server is installed on.

When playing, pull up the stats for nerds. That will tell you. If it isn't transcoding, can you post a screenshot of the stats?

rafaelcobi

I would like to know too how to make the Emby Theater passthrough the HDY metadata to my TV, so my TV do the job for the HDR Content...Can someone please tell my how do this?

generiq
33 minutes ago, Mopar_Mudder said:

If I play with Dvd Fab player my projector shows it gets HDR10, same file played through theater shows SRD

In what way does it indicate HDR10? Also, try playing with VLC.

Edited by generiq

generiq
5 hours ago, Mopar_Mudder said:

Like I said my projector tells me what it is recieving

Well, if you don't answer my questions, then I'm just gonna guess.... You don't have HDR enabled in Windows.

Mopar_Mudder

I posted a picture in my last post of my projector info screen while playing through Emby Theater saying it is only playing in SRD. If I play the same video with DVDFab Played the same info screen says it is HDR10

I don't know how much better I can answer your question?

generiq
28 minutes ago, Mopar_Mudder said:

I don't know how much better I can answer your question?

10 hours ago, generiq said:

In what way does it indicate HDR10? Also, try playing with VLC.

1 hour ago, generiq said:

I'm just gonna guess.... You don't have HDR enabled in Windows.

You haven't responded to any of that...

Edited by generiq

Mopar_Mudder

I don't have VLC. I do have DvdFab player. DvdFab player plays fine and outputs HDR10. So I assume since DvdFab plays in HDR it must be enabled in Windows, but I could be wrong. I will look for the settings in Windows to check.

Mopar_Mudder

Ok I checked and HDR was not on in Windows. But I guess I am confused because when I turn that on everything plays as HDR10. DVD, AVI, Old home movies, everything. So I am guessing Windows is converting everything to HRD which is not what I want. I did verify again that with HDR off in windows DVDFab player does out put HDR10 just fine.

generiq
2 minutes ago, Mopar_Mudder said:

Ok I checked and HDR was not on in Windows. But I guess I am confused because when I turn that on everything plays as HDR10. DVD, AVI, Old home movies, everything. So I am guessing Windows is converting everything to HRD which is not what I want. I did verify again that with HDR off in windows DVDFab player does out put HDR10 just fine.

Do you have Windows 11?  If yes, Windows 11 has an HDR up conversion option. Find it and disable it, but leave the HDR option enabled.

Mopar_Mudder

With HRD enabled in Windows it shows HDR10 when playing a SDR video. Sorry stuff is not up and running to take a picture.

Mopar_Mudder

Did a little more testing tonight.

With HDR on in Windows 10 all players play all files as HRD10, even if they are SRD files.

With HDR off in Windows 10 Emby Theater plays all files as SDR, even 4K BluRay. Fab Player on the other hand plays SDR files as SDR and HDR files as HDR like they should be.

Mopar_Mudder

Well that is clear as mud LOL

Bottom line is I don't want a bunch of video processing happening between the file and the projector. Seems that when Windows HDR is enabled it must be doing some kind of processing as everything shows up as HDR10

Now it must be possible because Fab Played can do it, I don't know what Emby Theater is using as an internal player. Maybe I need to try and set up an external player, but I would rather not. Fab Player will also play BDMV folders that Emby will not anymore. But Fab Player doesn't see my receiver as ATMOS, haven't looked into that issue yet, always something.