User is still able to delete Playlists

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Server: 4.7.11.0

I mentioned this about a year ago, but normal Users are still able to modify playlists or delete whole playlists, and yes the playlist gets deleted in the file system, this is not just in the menu and clicking will result in an permission error, it is working.

Also, they can see the exact storage location in the deletion dialog.

Could this please get fixed in a very near update? 

thanks

Edited by Painkiller8818

• 5 months later...
Painkiller8818

Actually version 4.7.12.0 stable is out and users are still able to delete playlists.

When will this be fixed? 

Thanks

pwhodges

There was no plan to update 4.7 any more after 4.7.11.  The new 4.7.12 is only a security update.

Paul

Painkiller8818
22 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

There was no plan to update 4.7 any more after 4.7.11.  The new 4.7.12 is only a security update.

Paul

Does this mean it is fixed in 4.8?

18 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Actually, completely re-vamped for 4.8.  Playlists can be private or public.

• Like 2

BAS
On 5/29/2023 at 1:46 PM, Painkiller8818 said:

4.8.0.37 any users can see public made playlists and also delete them still if you allow them access the library location for them. for example the playback reporting plugin playlists it makes are public and unfortuntaly any user can delete those still. Also the path location you asked to be hidden in initial report to be not shown is still being shown at this time. I dont see anyway to specify this playlist location away from the install location of the server. As ebr mentioned though individual users can now make private playlists and I can confirm those arent visible to others. I'm sure this is a lot of work in progress still to the playlist system but the private feature alone made me move to beta server for all the family members who have been bugging me for this forever.

Edited by BAS