When two series are linked automatically start 2nd after 1st finishes

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

As an example take the original "All in the Family" and "Archie Bunker's Place."
What I would like is to automatically start/queue up the 2nd when the first has been completely watched.

I know of a few, rather intricate, methods to accomplish this, and of course the manual method, but it would be good if two series could be linked so that when the first has been completely watched episode one of the second is added to "Next up."

This is not too important but it is something that "seems" fairly simple and I think would have decent value.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I know of a few, rather intricate, methods to accomplish this, and of course the manual method.

Cool can’t wait for the plugin! We’ll volunteered 👍👍

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Gilgamesh_48
On 12/16/2022 at 3:28 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Cool can’t wait for the plugin! We’ll volunteered 👍👍

What I have done a couple of times is simply (or not so simply) place the 2nd TV series in Emby and allow Emby to import all the data. Then I move the series out of Emby and rename all the file of the 2nd series to conform to the 1st and start its seasons just after the 1st one (I store the metadata with the videos) then I go into the nfo files and change its contents to match the 1st series.

That makes Emby think that the 2nd series is really part of the 1st but Emby also does not change the 2nd show's metadata so even the display looks like the new show is part of the older one.

That works but it is tedious and if you miss some parts of the process you may have to start again.

I love it when the combining works but it would be easier and much faster if Emby had some way to link two or three series so the second or third moves on to next up after the one before it is complete.

I doubt it will be done by a plug in but it actually seems pretty simple to do in Emby itself. There could be a field that says "Next series" and after series #1 completes series #2 is placed on "Next up." It may not be as simple as it sounds but it really does not seem too complex.