Emby won't play movies without dropouts and stutters on newest Apple T

Canavese

Canavese

I went through a period where movies would stop and start during playback.   Then it seemed to get better and didn't do it anymore.   Now it is back and frequent.   Funny that other media apps on Apple TV work fine.   I played the same movie Emby had trouble with using Infuse and it was fine. 

I'm convinced I have some settings wrong.   

My server is a Mac Mini M1 

Canavese

Well, I'm not sure what logs apply.   The Apple TV 4K isn't mentioned in the above link

I tried playing "The Marksman" movie on the Apple TV 4k (latest generation) and it stops and stutters.   However playing the same movie on Apple TV with other video players is fine (Infuse for example, or Channels),   I also have no troubkle through Emby on a FIre TV in another room with the same movie.

Here are two logs.  I think may be relevant

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63806777598.txt

Canavese

Update

I tried the above movie on my Mac Emby and it works fine.   I then tried it on an older Apple TV (1080P) and it did the exact same thing as the Apple 4K above.

Then I fiddled with the Playback settings and the first few I tried did no good.  Then I switched player from Auto to Native and it worked.  It was once again playing the way it should.  

I tried other movies and they, too, were OK.

• 2 weeks later...
Canavese
10 hours ago, Luke said:

@Canavese are you still having this issue with the latest update to the Emby Apple TV app?

Yes.   I have 1.6.9 installed on my 1080 Apple TV (I also have 4K Gen 1 and 4K Gen 2) and just tried changing playback to Auto and it still doesn't work.   If I manually select NATIVE it works fine.

I didn't check the 4K but in the past---all my Apple TVs needed to be changed to Native.

If I keep it in Auto....it must not choose Native.