FireTV Cube 3 now supports TrueHD + DTS!

Antinoitikos

pwhodges

You could also try sideloading the current Android app, which is more advanced and is being positioned to take over from the Android TV apps.

Paul

Madiator2011
32 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

You could also try sideloading the current Android app, which is more advanced and is being positioned to take over from the Android TV apps.

Paul

Intresting swaping from fire tv to android app worked kinda well and getting direct play now with DTS-HD. Another thing for some reason it fixed my subtitles issues :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Dodgexander

Just wanted to clear up some disinformation out there based on my own testing and the latest update. 

With the latest Kodi nightly bitstreaming all HD audio formats on the Gen 3 cube works great.

Sadly the same is not true outside of Kodi, I've tested various players that use forks of exoplayer like emby and DTS is completely broken. Often it will either only play the core or it will try to play HD and the audio and video will freeze up. In some cases libvlc will work with DTS, DTS: X works fine but DTS-HD has a huge delay. 

The implementation of TrueHD is also hit or miss outside Kodi  unless you use a player with libvlc, not including VLC itself ironically. A lot of players are converting True HD to multi channel PCM.

But in Kodi everything is perfect, all DTS and Dolby Formats work including HD Atmos. 

This completely dismisses the various comments online mentioning the Cube Gen 3 only supports the core DTS track.

Certainly there's some work to do by app developers still using libvlc and especially exoplayer but at least there's a working method now. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tony B. said:

As far as I know, this is built into the code now, no reason for other downloads

HI, what do you mean exactly?

• 1 month later...
Madiator2011
1 minute ago, elshagon said:

I'm trying to decide whether to get the cube, has this been fixed yet?

Owner of the 4K 3gen Cube everything works fine though use sideloaded android apk and not version from Amazon :)

elshagon
31 minutes ago, Madiator2011 said:

Owner of the 4K 3gen Cube everything works fine though use sideloaded android apk and not version from Amazon :)

Thanks

Edited by elshagon

rbjtech
4 hours ago, Madiator2011 said:

I have zero issues running the Amazon AndroidTV/FireTV version - which imho, still works smoother than the sideloaded version.  

Tony B.

Still no DTS:X

Just tested with Jurassic World Dominion.

Guess I'll keep using Kodi.

They need to ditch the player they are using (Exoplayer). Maybe if all the media servers dump them, they will start getting their heads out of their ass. 😂