server configuration backup fails to install

Jedi Master Rob

Jedi Master Rob

Hello, I just reinstalled Emby server on a new hard drive and was able to reinstall emby and add my premier key but i can not get the plugin Server configuration backup to install. it keeps saying timeout connecting to embydata.com.

Any thoughts on whats causing the issue?

Happy2Play

There appears to be a network issue on this system as it times out on all external domains.  Does this new OS have all its updates?

Two examples

2022-12-14 13:17:13.473 Error Main: Error installing Visual Studio C++ runtime

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe timed out

2022-12-14 13:17:37.153 Error App: Error getting available plugin updates

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out

Jedi Master Rob

It is mostly up to date, just the current cumulative update is failing and I don't know why. I have disabled firewall and antivirus with no luck. a month ago emby crashed and I had to reinstall just emby and was able to download the plug in fine, is this something to do with the reinstall of windows hanging the download up? is there a way to get the plug in downloaded and installed offline?

Maybe try installing all of the updates? Something could also be blocking Emby Server from sending outgoing network requests, such as a firewall, security software, of VPN.

Jedi Master Rob

Yea that was it, an update was hung and it hadn't installed C++. i finally got the update to go offline and install and it worked. Sorry for bothering yall when it was a Microsoft update issue