Playback error - No compatible Streams

Markolc81
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Markolc81

I've always just put in http://SERVER:8096   and it's worked reliably for years.

i will try to add the specific IP address

Markolc81

It works!  I put in the manual IP address and all the vids finally play flawlessly!

Thanks so much!

So lesson learned for me, is that specifically with Tizen, it doesn't like that I had http://SERVER as my server address.   It wants the full http://192.168.1.xx

The reason I switched to just using //SERVER was beacuse occasionally I reboot my server for updates and my router will give it a new IP address, and it's a pain to go update all my apps around the house.

Edited by Markolc81

It should also work by name, provided your router is acting as your dns. What dns do you have set on the TV network settings?

if you are using 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 or some other external dns then it won’t resolve local names. 

RandomKidTizem

I am new here, signed up just to say the new Samsung App released on Dec 17 on GitHub page might be broken. 
All my 4K HDR movies played directly on previous version, but on this version they are transcoding HLS. I don’t know why? But they look so greyed out and horrible. I tried installing the Nov 17 version but the tv didn’t install and gave some certificate expiry message.

1 hour ago, RandomKidTizem said:

I am new here, signed up just to say the new Samsung App released on Dec 17 on GitHub page might be broken. 
All my 4K HDR movies played directly on previous version, but on this version they are transcoding HLS. I don’t know why? But they look so greyed out and horrible. I tried installing the Nov 17 version but the tv didn’t install and gave some certificate expiry message.

Welcome!

Can you please start a new topic for this issue and include details about your tv model, and any relevant log files. 

Markolc81
11 hours ago, SamES said:

It should also work by name, provided your router is acting as your dns. What dns do you have set on the TV network settings?

if you are using 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 or some other external dns then it won’t resolve local names. 

Where would I check that?

My router is using DNS 75.75.75.75

Markolc81
On 24/12/2022 at 18:40, SamES said:

Check the network settings on your tv, it’s dns should be your router address

Yes, this checks out.   My TV is set to obtain automatically its settings, and the DNS settings are 192.168.1.1 which is my router address.