Playback error - No compatible Streams

Markolc81
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Markolc81

Hi there.  I have this error on my Samsung Emby App.  I cannot play any single media file , doesn't matter what I try.  All files play fine with CCwGTV or Shield or smartphones.  This app used play back my mdia about a year ago with no issues.  Something happened some time ago where it no longer worked, but we started just using a Chromecast with it.  Now we needed to move the Chromcast to a different TV and I'd like the Tizen app to work properly.  Thanks

Samsung QN43LS03TAFXZA

Firmware 2303

Emby version 1.2.6

Emby Server 4.7.10.0

embyserver.txt

Markolc81

I'd like to add, I just tested Emby on my other Samsung television.  It also does not work, same errors.

Same App version 1.2.6

Samsung QN75Q900RBFXZA

Firmware 1401

That's strange. If you put one of these videos on a usb stick and insert it into the TV, does it play that way?

And also, is something wrong with your Z drive?

file:Z:\Movies\1776 (1972)\1776 (1972).mkv: Permission denied

I bet it's inaccessible.

Markolc81

I was rebalancing some files on my drives Z today, and that file happened to be one of them.   Just a coincidence because it plays fine on my Shield.

I will attempt to move a file and play it off SD card tomorrow.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Markolc81

So I loaded a few files onto a Jumpdrive - and can confirm they play without issue directly from the drive.  Directly from Tizen.

Both TVs

I'm not sure if you wanted Emby to read them direct from jump drive - not sure how to set that up, if that's even possible.

2 hours ago, Markolc81 said:

So I loaded a few files onto a Jumpdrive - and can confirm they play without issue directly from the drive.  Directly from Tizen.

Both TVs

I'm not sure if you wanted Emby to read them direct from jump drive - not sure how to set that up, if that's even possible.

No, it was just a test, but I think the issue is with your z drive. If you can clear that up then I think your problem will go away.

Markolc81

Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot. @SamES

I reset permissions in Z drive.  Rebooted the server.  Everything seems to be in order.   Emby works fine on my chromecasts and Shield.

Still same errors on the Samsung app though.

For what it's worth, I downloaded and installed Plex on my server and onto the Samsung TV.  Works immediately, no issues.

I am just stumped as to what's going on with the Samsung Emby app.   I will attach fresh logs.

embyserver.txt

I'm seeing a bitrate limit that's set (max bitrate: 1500000)

2022-12-12 14:56:12.715 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 5493163, max bitrate: 1500000
2022-12-12 14:56:12.715 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 5493163, max bitrate: 1500000
2022-12-12 14:56:12.720 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 5493163, max bitrate: 1500000
2022-12-12 14:56:12.720 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 5493163, max bitrate: 1500000
2022-12-12 14:56:12.725 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 5493163, max bitrate: 1500000
2022-12-12 14:56:12.725 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 5493163, max bitrate: 1500000

I'm only seeing the old app version in the logs

X-Emby-Client-Version=1.2.6

Did you try installing the USB Beta v1.4.8?

Were there any ffmpeg logs created?

Markolc81

I had 1.4.8 installed, and same issues.   I tried a factory reset on the TV and just reinstalled the Samsung app store version 1.2.6.   I will Update to newest version later today and try again.  I will re-upload logs.

Thanks

It does look like the client is unable to access the file.  I can't see anything to suggest that the client is able to attempt playback.  There should even be transcoding attempts but they just don't exist.

How are the folders in your library setup?  Are they just all network drives mapped to drive letters in windows?  

Are you trying to use this option when you add library folders?

image.thumb.png.d40bfc812d5f7273f1fd30c1f90b5887.png

Markolc81

I have all my folders set up with network sharing.    Here's an example.

Very weird why it won't work on my two Samsung TVs.   I have an Nvidia Shield, Three Chromecast with Google TV, and an IOS app and all those versions of Emby play with no issues on my network.

PXL_20221222_001601657.jpg

I'll do some testing, but it may be because you have optional network paths set, which the TV might be trying to access, but doesn't have permissions for.

You could try setting up a test library, and add a folder, but don't set the optional Network Path.  Wait for the library scan to complete, then try and play a file from the new library on the TV and see if that works

More info : Emby Optional Network Paths :

I'll do some testing, but it may be because you have optional network paths set, which the TV might be trying to access, but doesn't have permissions for.

No, the Emby Samsung app doesn't use this.

32 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, the Emby Samsung app doesn't use this.

So would it ignore this setup, or will it cause  issues?

16 hours ago, SamES said:

So would it ignore this setup, or will it cause  issues?

It should have no impact on the success or failure of playing on Samsung.

• Like 1

Maybe give us a quick overview of your setup

• Is the server and TV on the same local network?
  • Are you connecting to the server from the TV via http or https?
  • Does anything play on the Samsung TV (movies, episodes, etc) or does nothing play
  • Can you create a new user with the default options and try connecting using this user?

Do you have any unusual setup, network, reverse proxy, etc?

Markolc81

Is the server and TV on the same local network?
Yes they are.   Home local network.  I've tried my 5G wifi and 2.6 wifi and same results

Are you connecting to the server from the TV via http or https?
I'm not sure what that is - or how to check

Does anything play on the Samsung TV (movies, episodes, etc) or does nothing play
Not a single thing through Emby.  All works fine when played directly through USB, or even Plex.

Can you create a new user with the default options and try connecting using this user?

Created a new User called Test with only default options. - Still same error

Do you have any unusual setup, network, reverse proxy, etc?
Not that I know of.  Just a simple home network

Attached a fresh log

embyserver (2).txt

• Solution

From the Server dashboard, check the In-Home LAN Access address, make sure this is what you are connecting with on the Samsung TV

image.png.4c2b22d2f653164fbfd09a1f78639363.png

14 minutes ago, Markolc81 said:

It is showing http:// for both.

And does the server name and port match what you are adding in the app?

if it does, and it’s still not working, then I would suggested uninstall the app (uninstall it from apps, don’t just remove it from the Home ribbon) then remove power from the tv for a few minutes, then try installing it again.