Apple TV update

KLF&TLF

KLF&TLF

Two things:

the latest Apple TV update has some nice features thanks fir fixing them. 

second thing: I know you use TVDB for metadata but any idea why 90% of my shows are correct but the remaining 10% aren’t. Example Yellowstone is perfect my naming convention is Yellowstone/YS Season 1 etc but MasterChef the Professionals UK same naming convention doesnt register as upcoming episodes. If you need more examples happy to provide more. 

KLF&TLF

Here are some examples

Masterchef is not showing missing episodes or upcoming 

Bering Sea Gold doesn't show missing or upcoming (it did then disappeared)

Yellowstone is perfect

Tulsa King is perfect 

Below Deck is perfect as I thought that maybe it had something to do with being reality TV but it also happens with drama etc 

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 6.47.54 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 6.48.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 6.49.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 6.49.27 pm.png

Check the metadata editor in Emby Server for every single season and episode underneath this series. All seasons must have their season number set in the metadata editor.

All episodes must have their season number and episode number set in the metadata editor. If any single episode is missing this information, the server will skip importing missing/unaired episode information.

KLF&TLF

Sorry Luke I respectfully disagree with you here. For example a few weeks prior to the release of 4.7.9 (I think is the right update the one 2 previously from my current version which is 4.7.10) Masterchef Professionals was updating correctly even to the point my up and coming showed me this was coming same as Bering Sea Gold was reporting as starting last week but this new update has now removed it from the up and coming list. 

I have tried to find a common thread in what is happening thinking it was Reality TV that was my problem but it can be anything really and the frustration is high. 

As for MasterChef and your suggestion My data folder has 4 folders with only 2 seasons having data. Therefore Emby should be showing me Seasons 2 to 13 as missing or at the very least reporting them missing in the reports with Missing Episodes as my filter. So again to prove my point that I can't say it is reality TV Hells Kitchen is showing my missing episodes.

Is there a way to delete all metadata and start again and see if it will globally correct itself rather than going through over 400 tv series?

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 9.38.08 am.png

KLF&TLF

@Luke all of season 14 and 15 are correct and I checked the metadata and even ran the refresh but it has not identified that I am missing season 1 to 13 

KLF&TLF

Season 1 doesn't have any files in it at the moment it is an empty folder as I am trying to download the episodes. But based on your logic I have looked through other shows with the same issue and no that is not the case. 

Example Beat Bobby Flay is missing 136 episodes and I have the file structures in place for some of the episodes where as I am not even showing missing episodes of Bering Sea Gold which is definitely missing episodes and there is only the file structure for those episodes 

So I can't really see logic in this at the moment. Are you able to tell me when streaming platforms will be available within the app? As I am really thinking of going back to Plex at this stage 

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 12.08.56 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 12.09.30 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 12.10.30 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 12.10.47 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 12.10.57 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 12.11.05 pm.png

KLF&TLF

Did that and no change I have even deleted my library from Emby shut everything down and reconfigured my library and that hasn't worked so I am at a complete loss here 

3 hours ago, sasagr said:

what about the possibility to customize the subtitles (colour, background,..) like we have in iOS app?

Hi, yes it's planned for future updates to the app. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, KLF&TLF said:

@Luke any other thoughts cause I have got none

Is tvdb your highest priority fetcher? Do you really need to see missing episodes in Emby Server? It is my least favorite feature, and something I think we should have never added :)

Doesn't the statistics plugin also have it's own source for this information? @Happy2Play ?

KLF&TLF

its not the missing feature that is my concern so to speak but that is a by product of the issue. Where my frustration is coming from is up and coming one week it is there and other weeks it isn't. To highlight the situation I don't watch TV but I watch TV series. Therefore I download (shhh dont tell anyone) being in Australia we get fcuk all here so this is how to stay sane. Due to the variety of shows I watch its really nice to see what I need to download on a daily basis for example Fridays I am searching for on average 15 shows so it is nice to see what is coming. Part of this then leads to making todays shows a favourite and then unfavouriting them when the download is complete. So last week I haven't been able to find the torrent for 4 shows but now the episodes aren't showing in my up and coming list and I can't go the other way of going to the show, season and favouriting the episode so I am aware that I need to continue to search for it. 

Call me anal but it is a nice feature the way I use it so this is doing my head in but I am thinking I am pushing shitte up hill in this battle 

Happy2Play
On 12/12/2022 at 11:40 PM, KLF&TLF said:

@Luke all of season 14 and 15 are correct and I checked the metadata and even ran the refresh but it has not identified that I am missing season 1 to 13 

What shows in Specials folder and Season 1?  I suspected a special positioned in season 1 maybe.

As for Missing you need the per library setting and the User Display setting enabled.

Display missing episodes within seasons
If enabled, information about missing episodes will be imported into your Emby database and displayed within seasons and series. This may cause significantly longer library scans.

Display missing episodes within seasons
This must also be enabled for TV libraries in Emby Server setup.

Unless this is an issue specific to this client that should easily be verified via web client.

All 15 season show with MISSING metadata in the web client for me.

54 minutes ago, Luke said:

Doesn't the statistics plugin also have it's own source for this information? @Happy2Play ?

The plugin use to do its own TVDB queries.  But utlized the v4 data Emby provides.  The plugin doesn't actually tell you the episodes you are missing just how many you are missing.

KLF&TLF

OK I will try to give as much info as possible here with examples.

Reality - Working and Not Working

Bering Sea Gold (Not working) 

Attached is the data structure and content which shows just 3 seasons which is all I have due to storage issues at the moment. Moving to emby what is reported is only the 3 seasons not the first umpteen dozen season. 

Hells Kitchen (Working) Attached is the file structure showing just 2 seasons again for storage issues but Emby is reporting correctly.

Now the above takes care of the missing episodes but it does not really help me with the upcoming issue.

So lets look at the upcoming problem I face. Attached is a screenshot of today for the next few days 

Gold Rush (Again reality) it is not displaying the way it should. I should have the missing seasons showing in Emby but no they aren't appearing, next issue I see is that we are in current season the shows airs weekly on Saturday (for me) so therefore should be in my upcoming list which it was till the last update.

I am not saying you guys did something but the last two updates have affected the upcoming displays.

So I am about to do it all over again and delete everything and start afresh and see if that fixes my problem.

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.40.00 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.40.38 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.42.19 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.44.24 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.45.08 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.45.16 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.47.02 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.48.54 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.49.16 am.png

Happy2Play

And if you use a properly named Season 0 folder does it work as expectation instead of a Custom Specials folder?  

KLF&TLF

Dont believe so but will give it a try. What I have done is deleted everything and added my libraries again. I have left it to do its own thing and once that is done will try Season 0 and see what happens. I have also noticed that there is a new update so will install that as well.

Before I added the libraries I screen recorded my actions incase I am doing something wrong so here is the DropBox link for it 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/93oh6cykx6g1v8e/AACyzsBugVm72PzcPL3tetRDa?dl=0

Happy2Play

@KLF&TLF In my mirror test of Bering Sea Gold, deleting the rogue BGS Special folder showed all missing Seasons.  Using BGS Specials folder worked without issue as Special is not a properly named folder ie missing the "s".

Same with Masterchef as Special is not a properly named folder.