Stuck at "Converting audio to compatible codec"

bigmk777

bigmk777

Attempting playback on Windows Store version of Emby Theater - any 4k movies that require an audio conversion only get stuck and don't progress with playback.

Client - Windows Store version of Emby Theater

Screenshot below was taken after 10 minutes of letting the client attempt to playback the title.

Looking at logs, Emby creates 40GB worth of these files:

13:47:49.340 [hls @ 0xc669c0] Opening '/share/NVME-Share/Media/Transcode/transcoding-temp/2A8CC6/2A8CC6_1297.m4s.tmp' for writing 13:47:49.344 SegmentComplete=video:0 Index=924 StartPts=53836776 EndPts=186751560 Duration=5.904000 filename=2A8CC6_1297.m4s

Server: Qnap TS-873A with a GTX 1650 installed for HW decoding.

Direct playback on Apple TV / Nvidia Shield / S8+ Tablet works perfectly.

Also, if the video is transcoded (in addition to the audio) then everything works perfectly as well. See the Windows store client vs Chrome from the same system.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 135058.png

Screenshot 2022-12-07 135602.png

Having a similar problem on the xbox. Been trying to diagnose for 3 hours so far. Anytime I play a movie with audio TrueHD 7.1, Atmos, its transcode to AC3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
DerrickM

i know this is really old but im having this issue as well. if my video has truehd 7.1 audio and when playing it on certain devices (my computer) it just doesnt play unless i start the video from the very beginning. resuming doesnt work at all, and starting over can also still be very choppy. emby theater from windows store

Edited by DerrickM

32 minutes ago, DerrickM said:

i know this is really old but im having this issue as well. if my video has truehd 7.1 audio and when playing it on certain devices (my computer) it just doesnt play unless i start the video from the very beginning. resuming doesnt work at all, and starting over can also still be very choppy. emby theater from windows store

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
bigmk777

Never did. I switched almost exclusively to phone / tablet. Not ideal for my daytime usage (something playing in the background while I'm working on docs / presentations).