TrueNas Scale - Emby app - No library update after initial scan

VIDEOSERVER

VIDEOSERVER

Dear all,

I'm a newbie on Truenas scale.

I used to use Emby server on Windows platform without any issue.

I installed a new server with TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4 and emby application.

I did the initial setup, i think with success, because the content of my library stored on a dedicated Dataset was identified and stored in the Emby server database.

I can then play and search content in my library from any Emby client without trouble.

BUT : there is no way for my emby server setup to deal with any new content stored in my dedicated Dataset after that first scan. New folders under that dataset or even only new files stored in a well recognized folder on the first scan is ignored, even after manual library refresh. I don't know what to do.

My "volume dataset system" for the video content is named : BIBLIOTHEQUE-01 and has a dataset under it named SERIES

My emby server application is configured with "Emby Server Host Path Volume" to /SERIES and "Host Path" to  /mnt/BIBLIOTHEQUE-01/SERIES.

My emby server folder configuration is set to : /SERIES

Many thanks for your kind help.

Stephane.

Dunno what version you run, if official emby runs as user id 2 (bin), if truecharts as user id hmm if i recall right 586 but the name is apps for sure

Sounds like permissions, will not hurt to check that.

On second one check auxiliary groups! add all of those to your user, no acl or anything more is needed.

And off course run again permissions on the dataset next

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

Like you have it setup you can't change permissions except if series is a dataset and the you need many datasets on root storage

Ps. Hostpath /mnt/Volume dataset/dataset were you want to store files/Series

I prefer to use just that /mnt/Volume dataset/dataset were you want to store files/ and inside that i have all directories like music, series , movies etc.

Hope it make sense

Dinos

Edited by dgrigo
  • Like 1