Emby not working anymore on IPAD mini 2, version 2.2.6 (3) / (4)

jscoys

Seppel81

This is an option, but it should still be possible to reactivate the older iOS version from the App Store. It would be really helpful to get more information from the team. So far, all we've received is that they're taking care of it. If it's not possible, please let us know and we'll have to see how to proceed, or tell us when we can expect a fix. An explanation would be really helpful

• 1 month later...
uhu2001de
On 4/9/2023 at 6:56 PM, uhu2001de said:

We have now April. From November to today no bugfix. Please restore the old Version or make the old version selectable in the app store.

Thanks

uhu2001de

One month later, no response. About 6 month I can´t use my iPad with emby.

Please give us the old version back.

Thanks

uhu2001de

tampoon

Please please please. Cause I really hate running plex on there just as a bandaid. Like why does that work but emby doesn't :(

RanmaCanada

Everyone here doesn't realize you can just use the web player instead of the app?  I have an ORIGINAL IPAD AIR and it works perfeclty fine with Safari.  Yes it's more cumbersome, but it's not the end of the world.

uhu2001de
5 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

Everyone here doesn't realize you can just use the web player instead of the app?  I have an ORIGINAL IPAD AIR and it works perfeclty fine with Safari.  Yes it's more cumbersome, but it's not the end of the world.

My iPad won´t play until the movie is completed converted. So I must wait for 1/2 hour bevor I can see the movie. With the App I must wait max 30 seconds.

pwhodges
2 hours ago, uhu2001de said:

My iPad won´t play until the movie is completed converted. So I must wait for 1/2 hour bevor I can see the movie. With the App I must wait max 30 seconds.

Exactly how are you playing it?  If you use the Emby web app in Safari, then you should be able to stream the movie with on-the-fly transcoding just the same as with the dedicated iOS app.

Paul

• Agree 1

RanmaCanada
9 hours ago, JohnSmith1892 said:

@RanmaCanada - what use is that when you use it to watch downloads offline ?

For that I would usually just download them to my PC directly and covert them to a smaller resolution so I can fit more content, and then transfer them over with copytrans.  720p looks perfectly fine on an ipad screen, so there is no real reason for 1080p.  Again it's extra steps, but the real villain here is Apple, not Emby devs.  You've been forced to upgrade your ancient hardware due to their managing of apps and their ecosystem.  

uhu2001de
On 5/26/2023 at 2:43 PM, pwhodges said:

Exactly how are you playing it?  If you use the Emby web app in Safari, then you should be able to stream the movie with on-the-fly transcoding just the same as with the dedicated iOS app.

Paul

I use a paid-Version of emby Server (newest version) on Synology 220+ with 8 TB. Movies and Series (over 5500 files) all im mpg format (recorded TV-Shows with dvbviewer). I used a iPad Air with IOS 12.5.7 MD785FD/B exclusive for emby. I have startet to view in safari a movie of 1,5 hours. I startet the movie for 25 min. and the iPad shows only a snake and the first picture of the movie. The iPad worked like a charm with the old ios app. I´m only asking to release the old version in the app store. Block the current version for ios 12  and place the old version in the store, so the iPad ask to load the old version.

Converting all movies cost time and places on Harddisks. The movies are in SD-Format 720x576. 

HI, we've got this resolved. We'll be getting an update out as soon as we can. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tampoon

Update showed up today. Looks like it's indeed resolved. Thank you and your team for getting this fixed for us. Now I can keep these devices from retirement and the landfill

• Thanks 1

JohnSmith1892
On 01/06/2023 at 22:44, Luke said:

HI, we've got this resolved. We'll be getting an update out as soon as we can. Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Emby now works as it did on my “ancient hardware”… with no messing about converting and needing alternative media players. Funny that. I’m sure it was all Emby Devs hard work 😏 Amazing how Apple app management can be overcome.

• Thanks 1

ZeldaYa
On 6/2/2023 at 5:44 AM, Luke said:

Thank you. I've been looking forward to it. Our old equipment is working again

• Thanks 1