Have 2 Media Servers

Goose48

Can only access one of 2 servers (2 computers).  Tried to switch but only one server appears on the TV screen..  Tired to add servrer manually but I don't know the Host number.    How can I access server I don't know the Host number??

seanbuff

What do you mean you don't know the host number?

Are the two computers yours, or someone else's? Do you have access to the Emby Dashboard of both servers?

Happy2Play

Also how did you make these two servers as you cannot copy one to the other as there is a file you have to delete to make them each unique servers, ie different serverids?

First, both computers are mine. One primary, newer and faster and one old and slower backup.  Both have external hard drives where I store my movie and music.  Both have Emby Media Servers and unique Ip addresses which I never wrote down or remember.  The primary computer is named Emby server Media 3T and the backup computer is named Emby server Media server 5T.  The 5T is mainly a backup in case of a crash or problems with the primary computer 3T.  Both have the exact same movies and music stored in them. 

All my TVs are connected to my primary computer and Emby media server 3T.   Here is the problem.  My primary computer, server Media 3T, somehow switched from its server (3T) to my backup server Media 5T.  The Emby dashboard on my primary computer is now the backup 5T dashboard.  I signed out of my primary computer 3T and sign in again.  The window screen only showed my username and the Media 5T server which I could sign into. The Media 3T did not appear.   On my TV both servers appear (3T, 5T) and I can sign in each.

I realized the problem when I loaded some new movies into my Media 3T server, and they did not appear on my primary computer Media 3T Emby dashboard.  I checked my TV Emby dashboard and the new movies had loaded.   All I want is to switch my primary computer back to 3T Emby media server.  Would a simple restart correct the issue?  I hope this explains the situation.  Just a simple server switch.

Since I only have access my back up server Emby dashboard, I can get its host address.  The other?  Just don't know.  Lesson learned, I'll write them both down.

seanbuff
21 hours ago, Goose48 said:

Lesson learned, I'll write them both down.

If you have physical access to both, open a browser on each and go to http://localhost:8096

Go to the Dashboard on each, the local IP address will be shown. Write them down, then try connecting to the one you want.

Thank you for the advice.  Problem has been solved.  I rebooted my primary computer and the server, Media 3T is back on line.  Checked my Emby Dashboard and everything is back.  The Dashboard on my primary computer is now Media 3T.   I have written down my LAN & WAN addresses from each of my Emby Dashboards (3T & 5T).  Lesson learned.  Thank you again, 

And to all, have a happy Thanksgiving and holiday season.

• Thanks 1