metadata linking issue?

cryhavoc

cryhavoc

I just realized that a recently added set, top gear dvd, indicates a metadata issue.  this one takes s06e11 and puts it in as s01e11.  with plex this does not happen; the metadata indicates season 6 and episode 11.  why it puts it in season 1 is beyond me.  I tried deleting the entry, within metadata manager, to get to the appropriate 10 episodes for season 1, then locked the season.  I re-added the file back to season 6 so that I have it for season 6 because the delete removed the file from season 6, and your lock did not stop it from re-adding the metadata back to season 1.  I assume there are limits to what your lock stops, discouraging.  The metadata shows season 06 episode 11, as it should, but it is placed season 1, not season 6. 

So, to summarize: emby server moves the metadata for one episode in season 6 to season 1, and your lock does not prevent tampering by whatever causes this.  when I returned to metadata, the lock check was gone.

I love the flexibility of emby, reordering jacked-up series like space 1999 and ufo, couldn't be easier--infuriating with plex, but some of these issues force me to keep plex working.

I provide this, again, as feedback for Luke, etc., to possibly take a look, not seeking support.  I have wasted enough time trying to figure this out.  This one is odd enough, first instance in which I seen this, to make sure Luke, etc know.

I appreciate having the emby server, so Thank you for the work to make this a mostly awesome platform/app.

Thank you.

Edited by cryhavoc

GrimReaper

How are your files named and organized? Which metadata providers you have enabled and in what order? I have 34 Top Gear seasons (33+Specials) and not a single episode issue between them. Server log in above case would also be helpful.

• Agree 1