Jump to content

artist.nfo - assenza del file in alcune cartelle.


paolopuntop
 Share

Recommended Posts

paolopuntop

Ciao a tutti, vorrei capire come e quando Emby scrive il file artist.nfo. Premetto che si tratta di sole librerie che contengono musica. Nella libreria ho selezionato la casella "Metadata Savers", Tutte le cartelle principali degli artisti hanno i metadati, alcuni inseriti in automatico da Emby altri li ho inseriti io. 

Ora in alcune cartelle trovo il file artist.nfo come richiesto nel settaggio della libreria con il spunta sulla casella "Metadata Savers", ma in alcune cartelle il file non c'è.

Ho provato a forzare la scrittura attivando le voci di menu:  1) "scansione dei file della libreria"  2) "aggiorna metadati" (sia dalla libreria, sia dalla pagina dell'artista) 3) "modifica metadati" dalla pagina dell'artista; il file non viene generato. Qualcuno sa  cosa serve ad Emby per scrivere questo file?

Grazie, ciao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

paolopuntop

in english:

Hi all, I would like to understand how and when Emby writes the artist.nfo file. I state that these are only libraries that contain music. In the library I checked the "Metadata Savers" box. All the artists' main folders have metadata, some inserted automatically by Emby, others I inserted.

Now in some folders I find the artist.nfo file as requested in the library settings with the check on the "Metadata Savers" box, but in some folders the file is not there.

I tried to force writing by activating the menu items: 1) "scan library files" 2) "update metadata" (both from the library and from the artist page) 3) "edit metadata" from the artist page ; the file is not generated. Does anyone know what Emby needs to write this file?

Thanks bye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there, did you specify the music folder structure option at the top of the library options?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

for clarity, I'm also sending you the archive structure divided into folders organized with names: Genre (for example acoustic) > Artist > artist's album.
the server runs on linux debian 11.2 without graphical interface and the files are archived on a usb disk connected to the debian pc (about 80% have the artist.nfo file but the other 20% do not). Thanks

image.png.47c67a6a72f42cb23eec62a16a188a44.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

paolopuntop

immediately after the creation of the libraries and before adding other folders,

now that you asked me this question, I try to create a library by inserting this setting immediately and then inserting new folders

Edited by paolopuntop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...