Chapter images not displayed in TV series.

ryzen5000

ryzen5000
1 hour ago, ryzen5000 said:

Ok its all working except the thumbnail extraction on the staging server keeps stopping it is only working on the main server, I even tried to cancel the main servers extraction and the staging server still stops after a few seconds when I click extraction, any idea why? Could it be because its still doing a library scan?

Now its staying on, after scanning the library, I am surprised it didn't pick up jpg's already inside the media. Must be a setting I have wrong. It seems to be scanning fresh and it's taking a very long time. however there is now two CPU working on thumbnail extraction so it should finish twice as fast. I can set up a third staging server if I am still finding it too slow.

Edited by ryzen5000

ryzen5000

It seems to be moving now I am watching the percentage increase with two servers banging away at it.

image.jpeg.2c0dbbb5c6f1c8982d51055fb3b67b4e.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by ryzen5000

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

Now its staying on, after scanning the library, I am surprised it didn't pick up jpg's already inside the media. Must be a setting I have wrong. It seems to be scanning fresh and it's taking a very long time. however there is now two CPU working on thumbnail extraction so it should finish twice as fast. I can set up a third staging server if I am still finding it too slow.

Need examples but if you have two plus server extracting images they will both likely process the same media as neither at the time know media already has them.  Especially if bif file is not saved with media as all servers will save to their specific own \metadata\library\xx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder for their server itemid.

Library setting dependent.

Save video preview thumbnails into media folders

Edited by Happy2Play

ryzen5000

I made sure to select save  to media folders for all the new media so they I am hoping it won't create the same media twice. I am focusing on thumbnail extraction. Thats where I want to see a increase in speed.

Edited by ryzen5000

Happy2Play
Just now, ryzen5000 said:

I made sure to select save  to media folders for all the new media so they I am hoping it won't create the same media twice.

But now you have a RACE and hope RTM will acknowledge existence on each.

Happy2Play

To me you are better off setting up one server to one folder and another server to another folder or one library on one and another library on another.  So you know neither server will overlap.

rbjtech

I have done this for a new build - spin up 4 emby instances as vms on the same machine,  point each one to a different library on shared storage.  Opt to keep the metadata/bifs on the shared media.  Kick off all 4 image generation processes.  Once complete - then just add all the libraries to one instance.

Or just write a bif script if you just want the thumbnails...

• Like 1

ryzen5000

The scanning finally did finish, it took overnight with just one server. I stopped the scan on the second server because it was taking too long to scan just one folder. It's only an Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz with 10 GB ram. I left it running for a few hours and there was not many movies scanned in at all, I wasn't really impressed with its lack of performance. It works well for zoneminder and security cams but scanning media it chokes. I might have to build something for this specific use case or get a decently powered NUC. It was just dragging out the scanning and at the end of the day it means my disks have been spining more hours than they need to. When I built this server I had originally installed the new Ryzen 5 5600G and that processor would max out redline on any library scans. So I sold it and got the Ryzen 7 5800X which reduced my scanning times drastically and a load of %30 on scanning. I think I need more powerful staging servers for this idea to work. I will look into NUC's. It really sadly seems an i3 doesn't have enough power to scan my media library in a reasonable amount of time and its only 40TB of data. Then I just need to decide which operating system would be most advantagious to run Emby server on for staging purposes. Unraid or Windows or ubuntu?

Can get Genuine Unraid at the store below fairly cheap with lifetime updates and subscription.

Edited by GrimReaper
Removed spam

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

The scanning finally did finish, it took overnight with just one server. I stopped the scan on the second server because it was taking too long to scan just one folder. It's only an Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz with 10 GB ram. I left it running for a few hours and there was not many movies scanned in at all, I wasn't really impressed with its lack of performance. It works well for zoneminder and security cams but scanning media it chokes. I might have to build something for this specific use case or get a decently powered NUC. It was just dragging out the scanning and at the end of the day it means my disks have been spining more hours than they need to. When I built this server I had originally installed the new Ryzen 5 5600G and that processor would max out redline on any library scans. So I sold it and got the Ryzen 7 5800X which reduced my scanning times drastically and a load of %30 on scanning. I think I need more powerful staging servers for this idea to work. I will look into NUC's. It really sadly seems an i3 doesn't have enough power to scan my media library in a reasonable amount of time and its only 40TB of data. Then I just need to decide which operating system would be most advantagious to run Emby server on for staging purposes. Unraid or Windows or ubuntu?

Can get Unraid a

https://officerat.store/

The total storage amount doesn't really come into play- is this 100 x 4K remuxes or 100,000 SD episodes for example ?

ryzen5000

Currently it's 712 individual TV Series in 1080P H.265 and 2215 Movies in 1080P and H.265.

I originally downloaded 25 TB of movies and TV in H.264 then I transcoded that to H.265 and it became 8TB and downloaded another 100TB.

I really lost count how much data it started out at it was something like 125 ish TB before it got converted. Now it takes up 40TB and I haven't deleted anything really in the year it spent downloading non stop some of it was torrents at 50MB/s at 5 months @ 185MB/s usenet. Does scanning 125 TB in H.264 take as long as scanning 40 TB in H.265? It would be interesting to find out.

image.jpeg.cdb6c202fe2a26a6a635565c285e6a62.jpeg

.image.png.c483dc7e6fcb409e90a0f40b241737be.png

Edited by GrimReaper
Hid links

1 hour ago, ryzen5000 said:

I originally downloaded 25 TB of movies and TV in H.264 then I transcoded that to H.265 and it became 8TB

How did you transcode those files to H.265?

Especially, which key frame intervals did you set?

Can you post a few of those quick-extract-imageseries-... logs?

You might also make a test to compare your scanning performance when you don't transcode and keep the original H.264 files instead.