4k hdr is not activating on beelink gt king emby ATV v2.0.83g

eeeeeesy
Go to solution Solved by eeeeeesy,

2 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

and its not transcoding.

Maybe it doesn't need to? What exactly is wrong here? The app will always prefer direct play if the device supports it and if the bitrate fits within the quality setting.

eeeeeesy
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Maybe it doesn't need to? What exactly is wrong here? The app will always prefer direct play if the device supports it and if the bitrate fits within the quality setting.

for some reason the hdr is not kicking in automatically again when i play the vod file but the description says  4k hevc hdr10 and the faces look blurry with no detail

3 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

for some reason the hdr is not kicking in automatically again when i play the vod file but the description says  4k hevc hdr10 and the faces look blurry with no detail

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

eeeeeesy
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

ok so i switched over to the standard android app and hdr started working. then i swittched back to emby for android tv and now hdr is working on that too

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

i called the tv store that i bought my tv from and thye said my warranty expires on wednesday so he sent a guy to check my tv out and he said he see's some artifacting, whatever that means. so hes going to be picking up my tv next week to repair it. he said its weird that the the tests he ran from the ui didnt pick up anything, the tests said evrything was ok. so i guess ill just wait till he picks it up and figures out whats wrong.

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy
On 11/14/2022 at 7:57 PM, Luke said:

When you set the quality setting, you're setting your maximum based on what your connection handle. That doesn't mean you're actually going to get that. What you end up getting depends on the source file,  as well as any other server transcoding settings that might have an impact.

The server won't try to increase the bitrate from whatever it is in the source file, so I would keep that in mind as well.

ok i understand that now. i didnt know that before.

• Solution
eeeeeesy

problem solved. beelink gt king sucks. the video encoder in the gt king must be crap because it was causing major artifacting and blurry picture. more so on my old gt king but also on my brand new gt king but not as much. ultimately i discovered my less powerful x96 max + has way better picture and no artifacting. though the only problem with x96 max + is it has horrible wifi on 5g so i need to use an ethernet cable. oh and the x96 max + has even more settings than th ebeelink gt king as well as HDR always on setting.

• Thanks 1