No option to tag a folder in the metadata manager

hepalien

geekbiboo
On 11/14/2022 at 10:28 PM, Happy2Play said:

It has only been hidden.

image.png.defa6cdb4046c4bcf1adffbaea8c382b.png

Temporary web client fix.

#tagsCollapsible {display: block !important;}

Hey all, I'm having the exact problem, could you please guide me to find where to do this temporary web client fix to get the tags collapsible/visible so I can tag a specific folder under 'Metadate Manager'?

Used to just click on a folder on the left side (under Metadata Manager), then a bunch of metadatas of that folder appear on the right side of the window, scroll down a bit, and enter a tag (a specific user tag that I've previously added under their account page) in the Tag box, and Save, then that user has access to that specific folder. Don't see the reason why this feature had been removed :(

Thanks

Edited by geekbiboo

geekbiboo

Think I've found the file (YOUR DRIVE LETTER:\Emby Server\Emby Server Win x64\system\dashboard-ui\modules\metadataeditor.template.html) with the line

<div id="tagsCollapsible" class="editableListviewContainer hide" style="margin-top: 2em;">

But still can't figure out where the line #tagsCollapsible {display: block !important;} should go

And tried to change the word "hide" to "show" didn't do a thing

Edited by geekbiboo

11 hours ago, geekbiboo said:

Think I've found the file (YOUR DRIVE LETTER:\Emby Server\Emby Server Win x64\system\dashboard-ui\modules\metadataeditor.template.html) with the line

<div id="tagsCollapsible" class="editableListviewContainer hide" style="margin-top: 2em;">

But still can't figure out where the line #tagsCollapsible {display: block !important;} should go

And tried to change the word "hide" to "show" didn't do a thing

Hi, what are you trying to tag?

geekbiboo
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what are you trying to tag?

Hi Luke,

Pretty much the same thing as the OP in this thread :

On 11/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, hepalien said:

I tagged the Parent TV Shows folder with "dad" so he had access to everything. Then I added the tag "dad" to the, say, 5 shows in the TV Shows library that I thought he might like to watch. That way all of the shows that only he watches that are put in the Parent TV Shows folder are automatically visible to him without me having to tag them individually, and if I'm watching something from the TV Shows folder and think he might like it, I can just quickly add the tag to that one item.

Used to be able to just click on a folder on the left side (under Metadata Manager), then a bunch of metadatas of that folder appear on the right side of the window, scroll down a bit, and enter a tag (a specific user tag that I've previously added under their account page) in the Tag box, and Save, then that user has access to that whole specific folder (which contains only things that they have access to) instead of me tagging things indivudually from within other (my own) folders (which I can still do punctually if I do want share my things with them just like the OP's example)

12 hours ago, geekbiboo said:

Hi Luke,

Pretty much the same thing as the OP in this thread :

Used to be able to just click on a folder on the left side (under Metadata Manager), then a bunch of metadatas of that folder appear on the right side of the window, scroll down a bit, and enter a tag (a specific user tag that I've previously added under their account page) in the Tag box, and Save, then that user has access to that whole specific folder (which contains only things that they have access to) instead of me tagging things indivudually from within other (my own) folders (which I can still do punctually if I do want share my things with them just like the OP's example)

Hi, it seems to be working just fine from here. Can you please show a screenshot example? Thanks.

geekbiboo
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it seems to be working just fine from here. Can you please show a screenshot example? Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for getting back to me, here's my SS with some explanations.

You said it works fine for you, which Emby server version are you on? And may I ask you to show me your SS please??

metadata_manager.png

10 hours ago, geekbiboo said:

Hi Luke,

Thanks for getting back to me, here's my SS with some explanations.

You said it works fine for you, which Emby server version are you on? And may I ask you to show me your SS please??

metadata_manager.png

That's a library, this thread was never about tagging libraries, it was about tagging the first level of folders underneath that.

If you want to restrict access to an entire library then you can just use normal library access restrictions for that.

geekbiboo
On 8/30/2023 at 7:10 PM, Luke said:

That's a library, this thread was never about tagging libraries, it was about tagging the first level of folders underneath that.

If you want to restrict access to an entire library then you can just use normal library access restrictions for that.

Hi Luke,

This thread may not have been about libraries tagging, but still, it's something I used to be able to do, as in, tagging from Metadata Manager, at a library's TOP level, NOT at its sublevel/subfolder, the feature is simply and surely gone.

I've checked what you suggested, using the normal library access restrictions for a specific library/folder doesn't work at all, I've tried every possible ways all around the Users settings and Library settings. I'm gonna try to explain once more in a hopefully better/clearer way, so bare with me :

- I need to give access to certain things to a user, let's call him Jack
- Create a folder on my HDD and name it Jack
- In this folder, create subfolders "Movies" and "TV Shows"
- Put some movies into the Movies folder, and put some TV Shows into the TV Shows folder
- Create 2 libraries for Jack in Settings - Library (Movies with that Movis folder as target, and TV Shows with that TV Shows folder as target)
- Create the user Jack under Users
- GIve Jack access to his own folder/libraries (and its subfolders) under Users - Access
- In order for Jack to also be able to access some other stuff outside of his "Jack" folder, but not ALL other stuff, I give him a "Jack" tag under Users - Parental Control setting page and "Allow only items with these tags", this way, I can tag Jack occasionally for some things outside of his Jack folder
- Since the user Jack has a "Jack" tag, I need to tag things with this tag (otherwise, he'll have access to nothing, not even his own folder which I've given him access to)
- Go to Metadata Manager, I (as admin) can see the "Jack" folder with its subfolders, and IN THE PAST, I used to be able to click on "Jack" on the left side of the Metadata Manager setting page (NOT the subfolders) and some metadata shows on the right side, then add "Jack" into the Tag field, and from this moment, Jack has access to every single thing I throw into Jack's Movies and TV Shows folders on my HDD.
(I have 2 others users for whom I've set the things this way before the feature disappeared and they still work the "old way", (as in, I can continue to throw stuff into their folders and NEVER need to tag a single thing and yet, they have access to all the new stuff I just added), only now that the feature is gone, when clicking on the left at the top level of a library , nothing shows on the right side)
- I sure can click on Jack's subfolders, and tag "Jack" from there, BUT, tagging the subfolder doesn't give Jack any access, from Jack's side on his Emby, he only sees empty libraries "Movies" and "TV Shows"
- The only way for him to start seeing stuff in his libraries was for me to tag EVERY SINGLE thing I throw into his (sub)folders, as in, in Metadata Manager, click on Jack, go to its Movies subfolder (the same for TV Shows subfolder), go to each movie (or each TV Shows) under that subfolder, then tag EACH movie/show one by one with the Jack tag.

So, as you can see Luke, giving Jack access to his specific folders under Users - Access couldn't give him access to the contents of his own folders, and there's no tagging available under Library - Jack Movies (folder).

I'm not even sure a lot of people were aware of this feature (tagging a library at its top level under Metadata Manager), it sure is incovenient to see it's gone, and I don't see any other ways of doing it with the current version of Emby Server :(

Edited by geekbiboo