[BUG] Converted media should inherit all tags from original

Roodee

Hi all,

I've just noticed that if I convert media (a movie), it gets its own ".nfo"-file, and the new file does not inherit the tags from the original. I believe that this should be considered a bug, since some users library "views" (access to libraries) are filtered by tags.

There is really no data to attach, since everyone can easily reproduce this.

Cheers,
Roodee

Edited by Roodee
Topic was cut short

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Luke,  Hi @ All,

I think I found another bug in the same area. Here is how to reproduce it (any two clips will do):

1. Select the first clip / media / movie
  2. Select the second clip
  3. Chose "Group Versions ^"
    image.png.d35cc34a291a0aa51c60d54cad0bf581.png

4. After this, both clips appear as one. Now click on the thumbnail, and there click the three dots " ... " and chose " Edit Metadata "
  5. Set a tag, like "emby tag test" ! Make sure you save it.
  6. When done, scroll down, and choose:
    image.png.e4966c2de603b0657ba251330b029f9c.png

7. As a result, you will have two clips again. But only one of them will have the tag "emby tag test", the other does not.

But wait. If you do not split the clips at step number 6, only one of the clips will be filtered out if you filter based on tags under
image.png.fcab52efb01cf34f641730dbfd7a0d7f.png
and block access based on this particular tag, like this:
image.png.ba8adec328b6aa57f23b89266898b141.png

Again, If you filter based on tag, then this could certainly cause problems. Keep in mind, this tag was set after they were grouped into one tile (or placeholder).

I think this does go right along with the other issue in the original post. (I don't think I would add any value if I made this into a separate issue.)

Cheerios,
Roodee

image.png

Edited by Roodee
Grammar!

8 minutes ago, Roodee said:

Hi @Luke,  Hi @ All,

I think I found another bug in the same area. Here is how to reproduce it (any two clips will do):

1. Select the first clip / media / movie
  2. Select the second clip
  3. Chose "Group Versions ^"
    image.png.d35cc34a291a0aa51c60d54cad0bf581.png

4. After this, both clips appear as one. Now click on the thumbnail, and there click the three dots " ... " and chose " Edit Metadata "
  5. Set a tag, like "emby tag test" ! Make sure you save it.
  6. When done, scroll down, and choose:
    image.png.e4966c2de603b0657ba251330b029f9c.png

7. As a result, you will have two clips again. But only one of them will have the tag "emby tag test", the other does not.

But wait. If you do not split the clips at step number 6, only one of the clips will be filtered out if you filter based on tags under
image.png.fcab52efb01cf34f641730dbfd7a0d7f.png
and block access based on this particular tag, like this:
image.png.ba8adec328b6aa57f23b89266898b141.png

Again, If you filter based on tag, then this could certainly cause problems. Keep in mind, this tag was set after they were grouped into one tile (or placeholder).

I think this does right along with the other issue in the original post. I don't think I would add any value if I made this into a separate issue.

Cheerios,
Roodee

image.png

Yes, these limitations are known and we've been promised fixes will arrive eventually. There are workarounds for now, at least.