Extras+ Plugin - Testers Wanted

roaku

extra-fast.thumb.jpg.5531466dc5fcf1f8be97612bce890bb9.jpg

I started working on an Extras enhancement plugin last month, and there's some backstory here.

The core features are now in place, and I'm ready to share a test build (attached) for anyone who's interested in providing real world feedback on how the plugin works (or doesn't work) in their environment.

The requirements are that you're running a 4.8 server, have some Movie extras in a Movie library, and want a plugin to modify some or all of your Extras art.

The plugin doesn't yet support all image libraries Emby uses across platforms, so in these cases, the plugin will just say your platform isn't supported yet. It will be at some point.

Configuration

After installation, navigate to the plugin configuration page and click on the 'Generators' button for the Movie library(ies) you want Extras Art created for. Uncheck 'Disable Image Generation', then click 'Ok'. This will enable generation of all the Art types the plugin can create for you. You can also uncheck individual image types in the 'Generators' dialog if you only want certain image types created.

Scroll down to the Generation section if you just want to start creating Extras Art, or read on to get more details on the other configuration options.

You can adjust the styling of the images by clicking the 'Styles' button. Sensible defaults are already selected here, though, so adjusting these is optional.

The last section is 'Extra Type Styling' which allows detailed control over how the Extra folders (featurettes, behind the scenes, deleted scenes, etc) are displayed on the image. Again, the defaults are fine, so you don't need to adjust these until you want to.

Generation

With the plugin configured for your Movie Libraries, navigate to a Movie with extras. The art generation is triggered by refreshing metadata on an individual Extra(s) or its parent Movie/Folder/Library. I'd strongly recommend starting by selecting/multi-selecting directly on Extra Items until you get a feel for what the plugin is going to do. New Extras will automatically have their art generated by the initial metadata scan that happens when Emby adds them to your library.

Also, the plugin should respect the 'replace images' option on 'refresh metadata' and not overwrite any existing extras art unless you ask it to. If it doesn't, that's a bug and please let me know about it.

Disclaimer

Please remember that this is testing and don't run straight to refreshing metadata on your entire library or put any art you care about at risk without backing it up first.

I've been running this plugin on my production Emby for a week now with no issues. It's working as expected (for me) on Linux and Windows, but it may not work or work correctly in your environment.

Finally, this plugin does not fetch metadata from any provider. It is wholly dependent on the parent Movie's art being present. So, for example, if you ask the plugin to clone the parent's logo, but the parent doesn't have a logo, the plugin will not be able to generate a logo for the Extra. In cases where the parent Movie is missing necessary source images, the plugin will whine in the log about what's missing. All you need to do is edit the parent Movie's images to provide what's needed and 'refresh metadata' on the Extra.

Thanks for testing. Hope you enjoy.

Version History

• 0.6.4.0 - Trigger parent image fetch when needed to improve extra art generation when ingesting new item
  • 0.6.3.1 - Compatibility Fix for Emby Beta .30
  • 0.6.3.0 - Support for 'scenes' folder, case insensitive folder check
  • 0.6.2.1 -   Compatibility fix for Emby Beta .17 (will not work for .16 and lower)
  • 0.6.2.0 -  Fix server restart, check for existence of top level folders (please upgrade to beta .17 and install 0.6.2.1)
  • 0.6.1.0 - Bug fixes
    • Create config directory if missing
    • Fix responsiveness for mobile view
  • 0.6.0.0 - Initial Testing Version

ExtrasPlus.dll

Edited by roaku
Remove beta requirement
  • Like 5

LazyMonday91

Hello Roaku this plugin looks amazing 😉

but after installing the plugin , i don't see any thing about the plugin int the settings option or library management ,

how we must access it because I do not see it in the catalog of extensions after the installation , it is normal ?

thanks for this test 💪

joast888

thanks for your work. this plugin seems great. i tested it on 4.8.0.15 docker arm version.

the file permissions seems not right. and this plugin show not well in mobile version.

Create folder manually can fix it

Screenshot_20221107_173608_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221107_173837_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by joast888
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joast888 said:

thanks for your work. this plugin seems great. i tested it on 4.8.0.15 docker arm version.

the file permissions seems not right. and this plugin show not well in mobile version.

Thanks for testing. I'll get fixes out for those issues.

I've updated the first post with a 6.1.0 build that (hopefully) fixes the missing plugin config directory and mobile presentation issues @joast888 found. Thanks again for finding those.

LazyMonday91

hi roaku , i the last dll in the first topic install only the version 6.0.1 , can you add the last dll for the version 6.1.0 ?

LzM

4 hours ago, LazyMonday91 said:

hi roaku , i the last dll in the first topic install only the version 6.0.1 , can you add the last dll for the version 6.1.0 ?

LzM

Sorry. Please try again.

LazyMonday91

now when trying to activate the plugin , i have the same message like joast888 say up previously :

image.thumb.png.98700d29b4d4015bf62aa4344425e7c7.png

(tested from a new installation without any plugins and from a new config to avoid any problem with ffmpeg and other ;)

On 11/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, joast888 said:

12 minutes ago, LazyMonday91 said:

now when trying to activate the plugin , i have the same message like joast888 say up previously :

image.thumb.png.98700d29b4d4015bf62aa4344425e7c7.png

(tested from a new installation without any plugins and from a new config to avoid any problem with ffmpeg and other ;)

Version 6.1 will attempt to create the 'configurations' directory if it doesn't exist, so it's likely that a permission issue is preventing the directory from being created.

You can try manually creating the directory that you see displayed in the error message.

LazyMonday91

i don't know why he did this , but i have installed a new config and just the extra plugin and the issue with restart was always be the same since the 6.0.1 version but the 6.0.0 i can restart without this problem :(

2022-11-12 14:30:22.574 Info App: Calling RestartInternal
2022-11-12 14:30:22.574 Info Main: AppHost_RestartRequested
2022-11-12 14:30:22.575 Info Main: Closing tray icon
2022-11-12 14:30:22.575 Info HttpClient: POST http://127.0.0.1:8024/exit
2022-11-12 14:30:22.578 Info Main: tray icon WaitForExit
2022-11-12 14:30:22.914 Info Main: tray icon exited

1 hour ago, LazyMonday91 said:

i don't know why he did this , but i have installed a new config and just the extra plugin and the issue with restart was always be the same since the 6.0.1 version but the 6.0.0 i can restart without this problem :(

2022-11-12 14:30:22.574 Info App: Calling RestartInternal
2022-11-12 14:30:22.574 Info Main: AppHost_RestartRequested
2022-11-12 14:30:22.575 Info Main: Closing tray icon
2022-11-12 14:30:22.575 Info HttpClient: POST http://127.0.0.1:8024/exit
2022-11-12 14:30:22.578 Info Main: tray icon WaitForExit
2022-11-12 14:30:22.914 Info Main: tray icon exited

Ok, please re-download the just added version 0.6.2.0 from the first post. It should fix the restart issue and possibly get things working for you by fixing some errors I was seeing in your log.

LazyMonday91

Reboot fix thx !! ^^

but nothing work by refresh metadata like previously , extraplus is loading well when i install it first but i uninstall it and test to reinstall it after to see if there was any difference , but it not working and not detected it next multiple restart :(

embyserver.txt embyserver(1).txt embyserver.txt

27 minutes ago, LazyMonday91 said:

Reboot fix thx !! ^^

but nothing work by refresh metadata like previously , extraplus is loading well when i install it first but i uninstall it and test to reinstall it after to see if there was any difference , but it not working and not detected it next multiple restart :(

embyserver.txt 46.76 kB · 0 downloads embyserver(1).txt 77.9 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 318.08 kB · 1 download

Emby isn't seeing the plugin in your newest log. That probably means the plugin dll file isn't actually in the programdata plugin directory, or it has file permissions that prevent Emby from seeing it.

Once you get the plugin re-installed, please refresh metadata with replace images checked *directly* on an Extra, not on its parent Movie.

LazyMonday91

I was doing the wrong thing from the start damn I'm too stupid !! :(

thank @Happy2Play i will scan correctly all the file named spider-man and not the HHD5 , it's becaus eon my prod i do this way for all my movies in one library all time ^^

Best regards

LzM

LazyMonday91

hi sorry for problem with configurations of my extras , now it's working and i am able to see them under the movie like you say ;)

but after verifying your plugin was activate and all your required was check , i apply a refresh metadata on all my 18 elements , and nothing change , is see many repetition from  the plugin in the log file :

image.thumb.png.7be01e5dcfc26bf09073e49142743f92.pngimage.thumb.png.4a201df8db84dd4599ed0d71b9b9aa56.png

my structure folder for extras :

image.png.4ae09c12a2b94bb4081bf6689f6881ba.png

Hope it'll help you,

Best Regards

LzM

4 minutes ago, LazyMonday91 said:

hi sorry for problem with configurations of my extras , now it's working and i am able to see them under the movie like you say ;)

but after verifying your plugin was activate and all your required was check , i apply a refresh metadata on all my 18 elements , and nothing change , is see many repetition from  the plugin in the log file :

image.thumb.png.7be01e5dcfc26bf09073e49142743f92.pngimage.thumb.png.4a201df8db84dd4599ed0d71b9b9aa56.png

my structure folder for extras :

image.png.4ae09c12a2b94bb4081bf6689f6881ba.png

Hope it'll help you,

Best Regards

LzM

This error says that an Emby method my plugin needs isn't available.

What version of the Emby server are you currently running?

Edited by roaku

4 minutes ago, LazyMonday91 said:

aiie yes using the latest beta 4.8.0.17 , i'm going to return to 4.8.0.16 :)

I just tested with .17. Looks like that method was removed as part of the new Extras work being done. I'll follow up with the devs to see what can be done. Thanks.

• Like 1

LazyMonday91

ahahh no pb , okay we will wait for the future for an adaptation with the work of the new extras part, thanks you in all this and for all your patience , your help for the explanations with the extras  😅

Even if I got a little lost, I should have opened a new topic to ask for help directly..
hope i have help you a little ^^
LzM :)

• Like 1

Emby 4.8.0.17 introduced a breaking change.

Please upgrade to the latest version of the plugin from the first post.

So, if you're on 4.8.0.17, please use this plugin file: 

Edited by roaku
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LazyMonday91 said:

ahahh no pb , okay we will wait for the future for an adaptation with the work of the new extras part, thanks you in all this and for all your patience , your help for the explanations with the extras  😅

Even if I got a little lost, I should have opened a new topic to ask for help directly..
hope i have help you a little ^^
LzM :)

I've added an updated plugin version that should work with Emby beta .17. You can download it from my previous post.