Web client still Loads and Loads

voltagexdt

voltagexdt

Please post an MBC log when it fails.  I want to confirm it is actually direct-playing.  If it is, that further narrows down where we have to look.  Thanks.

ok, still confused.. if everyone uses their own profile it wont fail.

do you want me to use same account then?

also whats location of log file

voltagexdt

ok ironically  I played using both the same profile and no issues.

heres those logs..

now while doing this im going to try a transcode using the same profile total of 3 devices..

voltagexdt

ok, now I give right up  all is working.

but I still have 4 profiles made.. curious if that works like nodes..

logs

voltagexdt

might have a clue here..

when I use xbox as extender

I always see all the users and I have to pick one.. I went into menu and under Log In its stuck on guest.. I cannot change this.

on my pc is is stuck on Start Up behavior.

on my sons xbox its set to his profile..

I don't have a guest profile

That sounds like a brand new issue that has to do with MBC.  Please create a new thread in that forum but you need to include pictures or something because I don't know what "it's stuck on" means...

Latchmor

ya, ill create another thread to help you find your problem..

I give up..

Short memory...

What makes this so difficult is that there are only a very few of you having this issue and thousands that are not.  In a situation like that, we can try everything we can but, if we cannot reproduce the issue we also cannot stop doing everything else just because of this issue.

I understand when you are one of the few that this is frustrating but it is taking a while to figure out what the issue is and we have to do that before we can fix it.

voltagexdt

right, but please look at it from my perspective..

I post an issue...

no response..

no response...

no response..

I bump the thread..

"we are working on it"

no response

no response.

I repost

and a forum member helps me out..

I get so far. then we hit a snag...

I repost..

im told to put up logs..

I put up logs...

no response..

no response..

no response..

I post more info

no response..

no response..

I bump the thread.

I then get told

That sounds like a brand new issue that has to do with MBC.  Please create a new thread in that forum but you need to include pictures or something because I don't know what "it's stuck on" means...

then why have me post logs here.. and wait and wait..

furthuremore I have posted enough just to be ignored, why not just Moderate the damn post and move it like they did with my other post..

instead its like a insurance claim..

you get just enough info to not lose you flippin mind but you really never get anywhere..

then finally when you do get somewhere... your told your in the wrong building...

so I give up..

the other thing that no one knows is the PMs I have gotten from several people saying

I see you posting and the admins never seem to respond. Or if they do respond they have attitude

I would post up my issues, but Ebr or Redshirt seem to cut me down or write off my issue as "can't reproduce".

I'm glad you keep posting and try to get them to fix these issues.

Keep posting. For us little guys.

tells me its not such a small problem.. im just new, so I haven't seen how the admins and programmers are yet.

but I am learning.

swhitmore

Sorry you're having so much trouble. I know it can be frustrating when issues get unresolved and unanswered, but generally I've found the devs to be very supportive. Please be aware that the devs here are giving up their time freely and sometimes they just don't have the time or resources to answer everything.

• Like 2

Lighthammer

voltagexdt, speaking as someone who is a developer from a completely different project and has worked in the software development field for years, I have to say you are treating these guys pretty badly.

Luke, in particular has bent over backwards to fix issues in a manor I *DON'T* see normal industry workers do. It's freakin awesome to see.

You should be well advised to understand MB is very much a project in the works. It works pretty awesome now, but its a mere 1 year into development unlike Plex, which is YEARS into development. The guys working on this project have been doing it with blood, sweat and caffeine. 

Try not to act so entitled. You have a piece of software that some software makers would be charging $2k+ for and a staff that works closely with their community for free or very little money (if you brought some of the apps for various devices).

Give these guys some respect!

Edited by Lighthammer

voltagexdt, speaking as someone who is a developer from a completely different project and has worked in the software development field for years, I have to say you are treating these guys pretty badly.

Luke, in particular has bent over backwards to fix issues in a manor I *DON'T* see normal industry workers do. It's freakin awesome to see.

You should be well advised to understand MB is very much a project in the works. It works pretty awesome now, but its a mere 1 year into development unlike Plex, which is YEARS into development. The guys working on this project have been doing it with blood, sweat and caffeine. 

Try not to act so entitled. You have a piece of software that some software makers would be charging $2k+ for and a staff that works closely with their community for free or very little money (if you brought some of the apps for various devices).

Give these guys some respect!

THAT BEING SAID

I've been having kind of the same problem. Android and Chromecast work awesome right now off my server but Chrome takes forever to load. It eventually does load but it always takes time. I looked at the logs and they didn't give me much info. I'm going to try to get a clean set to attach. 

My kneejerk reaction is it's the sheer amount of media I have. I have around 20k files (videos + music) and I had been wondering if the database is just now having trouble keeping up and getting stack errors. NOTABLY, however, I recall this problem just started occurring when my Video Game Rom folders showed up in the Web Interface and appear to be blank despite having what I feel should be properly formated file names.

First, thanks for the kind words, always great to hear. Second, please remove your problem description and create your own topic with your own information for us to diagnose. What you're talking about is completely unrelated. Thanks.

Lighthammer

One thought to add for voltagexdt, while I am thinking about it:

You said you considered going (back) to Plex: As a matter of fact, I run MB for MY STUFF and Plex for my parent's stuff. I do this because Plex is currently more stable and not subject to as many radical changes. Plex is more mainstream just now. I stick with MB for my stuff because I feel it will be the better of the two in the long run and I want to aid the development of MB when I have an occasional idea or through bug reports.

You might consider this and consider what you want out of your server ecosphere. 

voltagexdt

First, thanks for the kind words, always great to hear. Second, please remove your problem description and create your own topic with your own information for us to diagnose. What you're talking about is completely unrelated. Thanks.

and yet I was told to post logs of my problem here.

you guys still don't get it.. 

I have said enough, and I have made my point pretty clear for those who want to see it.

and yet I was told to post logs of my problem here.

you guys still don't get it.. 

I have said enough, and I have made my point pretty clear for those who want to see it.

The last issue you posted appears to be something completely different than what this topic is about.  That is why I asked you to please create a new topic.  I needed better information as well because "it's stuck on" doesn't mean anything to me.  I'm sorry, but a phrase like that without any other context simply cannot allow me to visualize the problem you are having.  That's why the instructions ask for screen shots whenever possible because we can usually immediately tell what you are talking about then.

• Like 1

right, but please look at it from my perspective..

I post an issue...

no response..

no response...

no response..

I bump the thread..

"we are working on it"

no response

no response.

I repost

and a forum member helps me out..

I get so far. then we hit a snag...

I repost..

im told to put up logs..

I put up logs...

no response..

no response..

no response..

I post more info

no response..

no response..

I bump the thread.

I then get told

then why have me post logs here.. and wait and wait..

furthuremore I have posted enough just to be ignored, why not just Moderate the damn post and move it like they did with my other post..

instead its like a insurance claim..

you get just enough info to not lose you flippin mind but you really never get anywhere..

then finally when you do get somewhere... your told your in the wrong building...

so I give up..

Mediabrowser really isn't really the problem here is it? It appears the bigger issue is that you've posted things, people tried to help you, and it goes unresolved? I agree its kinda a shitty position to be in. But this doesn't warrant attacking the few who legitimately tried to help you with childish retorts and dictionary excerpts. What value did you doing that add to solving your problem? If any it damages your reputation some and people become apprehensive to help you because they know you react with such tactics. It isn't required every post have replies. It would be nice, agreed. But nowhere is it required developers spend time and browse/reply that could be spent coding. The fact any reply to any members post is a luxury you are afforded as an extra bonus. The community can step up and fill in. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes it appears favoritism and others are purposely avoid your post. But again, perhaps that problem is caused by your prior behavior? Ever wonder?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

voltagexdt

understood..

let me see if this helps

STUCK

1. fastened, fast, fixed, joined, glued, cemented She had got something stuck between her teeth.
2. trapped, caught, ensnared I don't want to get stuck in another job like that.
3. burdened, saddled, lumbered, landed, loaded, encumbered Many people are now stuck with fixed-rate mortgages.

or my favorite.

NOT MOVABLE

will not move

cant select something else

voltagexdt

so to rephrase...

its on a profile, that I cannot change from.. it is fixed, not movable, fastened..

to a profile that I do not even have named guest.

techywarrior

Well, at least you posted it in a new thread so as to not confuse anyone else with your original problem looking for a solution to that. AND clearly presented your problem like ebr asked so he could try and help....

The part you seem to have missed is that you posted a completely different issue from the one this thread was started for.

Now, I completely understand if you didn't realize it was a different issue when you first posted about it because a user won't always be able to determine that.  But, I did recognize it as a different issue so I asked for a new thread with better clarification of what the problem really is because generic words or phrases are very hard to interpret into discreet actions within the software (again, this is why screenshots are so helpful).

So, if you can provide that extra clarification, I would be happy to try and help determine what the new issue really is.

And sorry but, no, we don't have teams of people monitoring the forum for issues and responding to them.  It is only the few devs and then we rely on the community to help as much as they can because the more time we spend in here, the less time we are spending fixing problems and implementing new features.

• Like 5

voltagexdt

none of you get it. 

its not about the help at this point..

its about the lack of even a response until a post is bumped a few times, just to then be told oh wrong forum..

this is after being asked for the logs..

from the same person who asked me to move the thread.

and no I didn't move the problem to another thread.. im not going to repost all my issues when a mod can clearly move the whole thing in a second.

the biggest issue is since our issue is small its of no concern..

and im not the only one affected by this.

but hey you guys can simply act like im the ass... until you have a problem and get treated like its nothing or asked to do shit only to be then told wrong forum..

and when you get frustrated after 2 months of trying and post the discust ill reply  don't cry about it.. they have better things to do.