Web client still Loads and Loads

voltagexdt

voltagexdt

update

the second xbox (the one I started to play a movie on last) was froze

the first xbox was laggy bad

I turned off the 2nd xbox  1st began to play fine

let me know what you want me to do next.

Edited by voltagexdt

voltagexdt

MrWeb

and I am being very sarcastic and have an undertone.  cause im annoyed.

they say they are looking into it.  ok its been almost a month.  in that same month  roku, android, windows apps have all came out and updated.

and the way they have the system set up if theres a problem we are stuck with it, because you cannot downgrade. 

it was the same situation when I beta tested.  push out numerous updates adding new features and until those got all done, no fixes were released.

I reported this back almost a month ago..

in a months time I think I have had 3 replies about them fixing it.

I asked for the previous version, so I could be back and running as they did whatever.  but no response except we are working on it.  as I have heard before.  then an update came out to fix this.. but didn't. 

meantime I see this app released this app updated.

but if a handful of us have an issue then its an issue that we have.  and if its server sided then anything relying on it will be flawed as well.

so releasing apps that require the server to function correctly, and it doesn't blows my mind.

I wouldn't drop a new axle in a truck if the engine was blown.

so frustrated and annoyed is very much my attitude at this point.

when you update a program, you should have the option to downgrade.  for this exact reason.

who creates an update and deletes the old before it is tested completely?

voltagexdt

well I am not sure how to do what you asked me to do..

however, I was able to do something else..

the xbox doesn't need MB at all..  it can play any folder I want it to play so I directed it to play a movie

to do this I open wmc on the xbox, I point it to the hard drive with all my movies..

im currently playing 2 movies on 2 separate xboxs flawlessly.. 

moviestripcrop.png

techywarrior

Ok, that's good enough. Tests the same thing at least.

Alright, so it's not network or harddrive (which as you said hasn't changed anyways). The question now is why would even direct play via MBS be causing you an issue?

I think I'm at the end of what I can help with at the moment. But there should be a lot more information for someone else to help with now.

• Like 1

Did I correctly notice that both xboxes are using the same MB user?  That shouldn't be a problem but it may be something that is different from most people so something to investigate.

voltagexdt

oh..  well that im not sure. 

does make since that if it sees only one user it can cause a problem all the way around?

I don't know but when you have a situation where only a very few people are seeing a problem, I look for things that are different about how those people are configured or using the system.  If you only have one MB user and both machines are using that, then that is probably different than most other people so it is something I would want to look into.

If that is the case, try creating a second user and bring the two extenders up logged into separate users and see if the problem still occurs.

techywarrior

ebr, the point at which I got confused at was that he was able to direct play two streams simultaneously from the WMC library. So theoretically it shouldn't make a difference if the two are using the same account for RDP (unless you are thinking maybe there is an issue with MBC reporting to the server with two RDP sessions on the same account) in MBC since WMC itself was behaving. Or is my assumption completely wrong?

I don't understand enough about MBC and WMC to know if there could be a difference between WMC playing from it's library versus MBC direct playing a file. I thought they both use WMP so I would have expected them to be the same. The new "player" in MBC is just an overlay on top of WMP right? So changing to the default player in MBC shouldn't make a difference right?

It has to be two different RDP users - that's the way extenders work.  The thing that caught my eye was that it is the same MB user.  That shouldn't be a problem either but it is something different so should be tested.  I would expect if he tries what I suggested that it will behave the same but, if it doesn't, then we have something to investigate.

Theoretically, the playback should be identical but there are cases where things executed from within a plug-in behave differently than the same (apparent) task directly in WMC.  When you add extenders to the mix, well then things get even more wonky.  There has been a long-standing problem with extenders freezing up when you flood them with network traffic as well.  I would suspect that except that he says this problem isn't limited to his extenders.

techywarrior

Yea, it's so weird, I was shocked that the problem occurred with direct playing files too. I thought that was going to be the simplest test and then we could look at ffmpeg... boy was I wrong. lol

voltagexdt

currently watching 5 movies

flawless,

but every single person needs to have their own user

so that's the issue I guess.

voltagexdt

@bozrdnag

thank you for having YOUR post locked..

however the forum moderators merged my issues into YOUR thread.

So I guess it wasn't just YOUR thread.

but hey thanks for that

Okay, well, at least we know where to look now.  Using the same user shouldn't be a problem but, obviously, it is.  Now we need to figure out why.

Can you confirm that the items are actually direct playing and not streaming from the server?  An MBC log would tell me.

tobias-tobin

I'm reaching out to family to see what the current status is but I too (I started reading about this on another thread) have had complaints and experienced myself, choosing a show and it not playing, just loading (almost entirely transcoded streaming except in house issue with DVDs converted to mpg).  When someone would tell me this I would reboot my server and check back with them and they said it was then working.  So I've got my server rebooting every night now and I am not aware of them having issues unless they have not told me.  I looked on the forum when I first discovered this and did not see anything so I thought it was my setup.

If I find out the problem persists I can post the logs.

I'm not sure exactly when this started, it has been weeks ago I know.

Sorry I know my post is not helpful, but I saw the comment about this being an edge issue and just wanted to let you know 'me too'. And I have been sharing with family over Android and Roku since MB3 was released without really any issues - except the audio sync issue with certain formats.

Edited by tobias-tobin

Please post an MBC log when it fails.  I want to confirm it is actually direct-playing.  If it is, that further narrows down where we have to look.  Thanks.

voltagexdt

Okay, well, at least we know where to look now.  Using the same user shouldn't be a problem but, obviously, it is.  Now we need to figure out why.

Can you confirm that the items are actually direct playing and not streaming from the server?  An MBC log would tell me.

ebr im not sure what your asking...

when it fails?

when it works?

right now everything works as long as one person per user

if 2 people use same user it crashes.

weather direct or transcode

voltagexdt

I'm reaching out to family to see what the current status is but I too (I started reading about this on another thread) have had complaints and experienced myself, choosing a show and it not playing, just loading (almost entirely transcoded streaming except in house issue with DVDs converted to mpg).  When someone would tell me this I would reboot my server and check back with them and they said it was then working.  So I've got my server rebooting every night now and I am not aware of them having issues unless they have not told me.  I looked on the forum when I first discovered this and did not see anything so I thought it was my setup.

If I find out the problem persists I can post the logs.

I'm not sure exactly when this started, it has been weeks ago I know.

Sorry I know my post is not helpful, but I saw the comment about this being an edge issue and just wanted to let you know 'me too'. And I have been sharing with family over Android and Roku since MB3 was released without really any issues - except the audio sync issue with certain formats.

have you set up a user per person?

tobias-tobin

@voltagexdt - yes I have an account for each user.  Although, I don't know if they are truly always using their own accounts.  Based on the logs it looks like they are though.