Recently Aired Episode Refresh

TeamB

nuentes

PS - I think this should be expanded out to include movies. Specifically, movies that are straight to streaming platforms. When a new movie downloads immediately upon release, it will have wildly inaccurate star ratings, and other data might be missing, such as unannounced cameos. It would nice to get movies to also refresh after a week or so. Ideally, we could set a different refresh rate for movies vs episodes.

• Agree 8

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
warrentc3
On 4/15/2023 at 3:32 AM, Luke said:

does this evaluate over every show in a whole library every time with no additional controls?

warrentc3
On 6/30/2023 at 10:44 PM, warrentc3 said:

does this evaluate over every show in a whole library every time with no additional controls?

because the amount of api call waste for a show that has ended would be egregious. 

TeamB
6 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

because the amount of api call waste for a show that has ended would be egregious. 

are you referring to the plugin i wrote or the post you quoted about the new core feature?

warrentc3
2 minutes ago, TeamB said:

are you referring to the plugin i wrote or the post you quoted about the new core feature?

“new core feature”

TeamB
1 minute ago, warrentc3 said:

“new core feature”

you might need to post on the thread you quoted to get a response, this thread is about the plugin.

warrentc3
5 minutes ago, TeamB said:

you might need to post on the thread you quoted to get a response, this thread is about the plugin.

i just did that a few mins ago.  thanks. 

• 1 month later...
McMovies

recently discovered this plug-in.
It a life saver for me.. Thanks a lot @TeamB.

If possible please make a similar for movies as well / specially refresh the credits, cast and crew section.  

TeamB
1 hour ago, McMovies said:

recently discovered this plug-in.
It a life saver for me.. Thanks a lot @TeamB.

If possible please make a similar for movies as well / specially refresh the credits, cast and crew section.  

the problem with adding movies is knowing when to stop monitoring them for refresh. for tv it is easy, the air date is known and you can just refresh for x days after the episode airs but for movies you have a premier date but that is usually weeks or months before a digital or disc release of the movie so the cut off would have to be long and for that time period you would be continually querying the metadata providers which is not ideal.

McMovies
20 minutes ago, TeamB said:

the problem with adding movies is knowing when to stop monitoring them for refresh. for tv it is easy, the air date is known and you can just refresh for x days after the episode airs but for movies you have a premier date but that is usually weeks or months before a digital or disc release of the movie so the cut off would have to be long and for that time period you would be continually querying the metadata providers which is not ideal.

Sorry may be i'm not able to explain or put down the problem statement correctly ? 

I was referring for movies most of the people metadata -- where complete cast and crew were not listed in tbdb TMDB

example - IMDB  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24852002/ has complete cast crew, 
TMDB - https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1074262-kotu-adamin-10-gunu only 3 people in cast/crew. And no matter what i try,  emby wont sync this cast/crew form IMDB regardless how many time i refresh metadata/identify. 

May be even a manual "force update" cast-crew would help.  need just a mechanism to sync these missing data.

Edited by McMovies
typo

rbjtech
14 minutes ago, McMovies said:

Sorry may be i'm not able to explain or put down the problem statement correctly ? 

I was referring for movies most of the people metadata -- where complete cast and crew were not listed in tbdb TMDB

example - IMDB  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24852002/ has complete cast crew, 
TMDB - https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1074262-kotu-adamin-10-gunu only 3 people in cast/crew. And no matter what i try,  emby wont sync this cast/crew form IMDB regardless how many time i refresh metadata/identify. 

May be even a manual "force update" cast-crew would help.  need just a mechanism to sync these missing data.

Emby does not have access to IMDB data.  It will only use the Providers listed in what you have configured for that library.  In the case of movies - them TMDB is likely the primary.

• Thanks 1

nuentes
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

I think it's far more simple. There are 2 types of movies:

Movies initially released to theaters - for these, the data generally gets entered by some crazy person pretty quickly. Probably within 2 weeks, but likely within a week. This category of movie is usually fine (as far as metadata is concerned) by the time there is a download available.

Movies initially released direct to disc/stream - These are the ones that are a problem. We download them on release date, so the information isn't really correct. If we refresh after 7 days, I'm sure the data will be more correct.

So wouldn't it be possible to simply configure movies to refresh twice. Once at 7 days, and once again at 14 days. These could be default values that can be modified by the user.

jaycedk

Hmm so will that be physical release or Digital release ?

And the skip Cinema release, since recording in the cinema is frowned on 😂🤣

TeamB

there is only "release date" this cold mean different things to different movies depending on if it was a straight to DVD/Streaming release or a cinema release.

I did not include moves as there was no easy way to know which was which.

• Agree 1

Junglejim
17 minutes ago, TeamB said:

there is only "release date" this cold mean different things to different movies depending on if it was a straight to DVD/Streaming release or a cinema release.

I did not include moves as there was no easy way to know which was which.

Plus movies never have a TBA release title or rating/thumb image :)

rbjtech

I think the easiest way to look at this is to just refresh metadata based on the date added date.

Yes, you may well be adding an 'old' movie/ TV series or even new movies not on 'release' day - and that metadata refresh will likely not be required - but there is no harm doing a one off refresh after x days.

Using the core library built in function will ultimately do the same thing - but it will keep repeating, which I think is unnecessary.

image.png.9d552d3049f10b040e6cea8309f99dda.png

• Like 2

Junglejim
12 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I think the easiest way to look at this is to just refresh metadata based on the date added date.

Yes, you may well be adding an 'old' movie/ TV series or even new movies not on 'release' day - and that metadata refresh will likely not be required - but there is no harm doing a one off refresh after x days.

Using the core library built in function will ultimately do the same thing - but it will keep repeating, which I think is unnecessary.

image.png.9d552d3049f10b040e6cea8309f99dda.png

Yeah I usually do the manual mata refresh every 6 months or so..(don't use the auto)

The plugin was built for.. (episode refresh) TBA titles, missed ratings, crappy ep thunbs..

If @TeamBwants to add movies I'm all good with that! :)

• Like 1

rbjtech
4 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Yeah I usually do the manual mata refresh every 6 months or so..(don't use the auto)

The plugin was built for.. (episode refresh) TBA titles, missed ratings, crappy ep thunbs..

If @TeamBwants to add movies I'm all good with that! :)

I forked the release (I hope TeamB doesn't mind .. I'm just working on it for movies ..)

So far so good - JS needs a bit of formatting but c# compiles so almost there ..

image.thumb.png.548480b423bfe5013971eb8c71d39e4c.png

edit .. hmm changing the JS elements over to Movies seems to have broken it good and proper..

Can't spend any more time on it today - but the framework is there. 

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 3

Junglejim
22 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I forked the release (I hope TeamB doesn't mind .. I'm just working on it for movies ..)

So far so good - JS needs a bit of formatting but c# compiles so almost there ..

edit .. hmm changing the JS elements over to Movies seems to have broken it good and proper..

Cool mate, got the coding bug. ;) I get it, I use to love coding python.

Tip: Check the dep's (include) in the header for the module your working on. Have fun!

Edited by Junglejim

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2023 at 1:37 PM, rbjtech said:

I came here to check if someone reuqested a similar plugin to Movies.

did you end up finishing the plugin? Emby desperately need something that refresh the movies ratings few days after being added.

Edited by fahad92