Display a collection of only movies in a tv show library

Eremitak

Eremitak

The mixed libraries of TV Shows and Movies do not work.
So I would like to understand if you can force a collection of only movies (from a "movies" type library) into a TV Show library, WITHOUT having to add a TV series from the TV Show library into the collection.

Unfortunately, the old "collection.xml" file is no longer created, now you find the .nfo with fewer settings (like the one where the various paths are).
Opening the Database, in MediaItems, you find the collection but no value that tells the paths or in which libraries it is to be shown.

If anyone has a solution (like: open the db and do this and that... or edit that .xml in that path).

Unfortunately, mixed libraries don't work for me. 
They create "shows" for me that cannot be associated and become useless folders in the library view (besides the fact that there are 450 shows and redoing the library from 0 is a problem).
All this mess because you can't hide Seasons 1 of series with only 1 season.

Hi, no I don't believe there's a way to do this without also adding a series to the collection.

Why do you think mixed libraries don't work?

Eremitak

It's not that I think it.
They don't work the way you think they do (at least for me).

The visualization is not mixed but folder-based (if you want to see both...
and I would say, if you make a mixed library, it is because you want to see tv show and movie in the same view).
It shows folders regardless of contents (except those with .ignore in them). So there are also "ghost" folders that you can't even associate (this is because you are viewing folders and not TV shows or Movie, so you can't associate a folder). ⬅ They are empty folders created by sonarr.

That's more than enough to find a "mixed" type library unsuitable in my case (and anyone who views anime).

image.thumb.png.030fabc74ed5baca0fef4bc6754e1be8.png

To understand:

"TV Show" type library, I have a collection called "Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel," however it is in the Movies library and to display it here I had to create a dummy series in this TV Show library.

image.thumb.png.031763674a6ce7b4cb2575d8bfe02fe8.png

image.thumb.png.ab881fefea5c59e609d861adf83b0bef.png
This is so for so many reasons...
Mainly:
1) Movies on TheTVDB cannot be associated in a "TV Show" type library;
2) Even if I used alternative systems to add movies as TV shows to the library... I would end up with a matriosca effect of metadata (counting that movies do not have episode thumbs and so I would have to create episode thumbs with the movie logo and a decent background).

-------------------
Matryoshka doll effect:
image.thumb.png.f0f9bf69469019b33013277db7117c63.png

image.thumb.png.d66aa87457c0f534aea7d85471276e61.png

image.thumb.png.9986b001285545b9c21f74d249b1d090.png

-----------------------
Best visual result (no matryoshka effect):

image.thumb.png.1200f65c6a207a09e0650a0778e7ecb6.png

image.thumb.png.9b4a492e406a4d39c3f4c1d19b77be03.png

image.thumb.png.f1f02168003d0cc73722ab90a24d3392.png

As can be seen, the result is much better.
2 Clicks and you are already at the end of nesting.
Also, the movie is automatically populated by metadata and covers (while the screens above, the series with 3 episodes, I did everything by hand).

It would be enough to make collections from one library visible in others (regardless of whether a target library entry is contained within them).

I was hoping to find in the Database or in an .xml that that collection is visible in library X and then force where to show or not show the collection.
Type:
"Collection XYZ" - show on: Library1=yes; Library2=no; Library3=Yes; etc...
image.thumb.png.b1bd31e45644394168e67383ac3ec1ff.png
Or, as I noted earlier,
in the old types of collections, the path to the series within the collection was written in its "collection.xml" file. So I wanted to try to create a phantom folder to force the collection even into the library where that fake folder is.
image.thumb.png.43a2be6c37d4ccdb5031c6ec140f6973.png
Only, that file is no longer created.
I can't find anything in the Database (library.db) that has anything to do with collections.
The eighth line is the one with information about the collection in question.
However, there is no field that refers to the series paths or in which libraries it is to be shown. And as from the screens above, the .nfo file of the collection, does not mention the paths (unlike the .xml file of the old collection types).
image.thumb.png.55fe6d024f740d66288555c478ad86b7.png
Reason why I opened a topic here, hoping someone was able to find a way.