Allow add to collection from Google TV app

tOLJY

Not significantly, like I said it's just a little off. The spacing is 2px where it may have been 3 or 4px before. I think the green border really helps to seperate them in tv mode to show you what's highlighted, given you're likely to be navigating through the menu with a remote/keyboard and not just clicking the item you want like all the other platforms.

The headings are just a little too big.

When highlighting an episode, the poster gets bigger and gets right up against th continue watching heading. There is no margin here at all. On the android tv version there is still a larger margin.

I think the headings should be made slightly smaller, extra margin around those headers, a slightly bigger padding between episodes and bring back the green border.

I think just some small changes like this will go a very long way towards making the app look much more polished on the tv version.

arrbee99

Did I say the headings are too small ? Got a memory like a sieve, but I doubt it. I think I've thought (maybe mentioned) when you select something it can get too close to a heading, as suggested above, but more thought thats because they expand too much, not because of the heading size. Mind you, Looking at those pictures, especially the Continue Watching text in the second image (the new app), does look a bit bigger / bolder.

Generally I think everything looks to big, hence my use of the 'smaller' size option.

8 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Did I say the headings are too small ? Got a memory like a sieve, but I doubt it. I think I've thought (maybe mentioned) when you select something it can get too close to a heading, as suggested above, but more thought thats because they expand too much, not because of the heading size. Mind you, Looking at those pictures, especially the Continue Watching text in the second image (the new app), does look a bit bigger / bolder.

Generally I think everything looks to big, hence my use of the 'smaller' size option.

Kinda lines up with what I've said. Either the election resizes it too much or the heading needs a larger margin.

arrbee99

True. Although if you try the latest version they don't expand at all any more. Unless I'm talking about something different of course.

FrostByte

Those pictures really should be screen shots to be effective because you're debating pixels.  Hard to tell with photos. 

I've been looking at most threads and I got to say for every person that says something is too large in one app, there are just as many who say things are too small.  People have different sized TVs, sit different lengths away from the TVs, etc which effect their opinion

If I could provide actual screenshots I would.

Is it really that difficult to gauge though? I'm mostly talking about relative sizes and the fact that the episode posters when selected bumps right up to the heading. Screenshot or not, that is quite visible.

Adding the green border to highlight selection as the android tv app does would also not be shown better in a screenshot...

8 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

True. Although if you try the latest version they don't expand at all any more. Unless I'm talking about something different of course.

The version I have is from a week ago, when ever it was that Luke suggested I sideload the app in this thread

FrostByte

The green is another topic discussed a lot (not a whole lot of people like it), but the white tends to blend in with a lot of thumbs.  

I think it should honor the accent color from settings myself

image.png.662697f025679c4b2bdd9576830247d1.png

3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

The green is another topic discussed a lot (not a whole lot of people like it), but the white tends to blend in with a lot of thumbs.  

Interesting - my pictures don't have the white border at all. Any border would really help highlight which item is selected in addition to the image being expanded. 

FrostByte

I think it was in the latest update 3.2.84, probably changed partly because of your input :)

It's there now though, just wish it would change with the setting

FrostByte

BTW: there is a big thread in the testing area if you have more ideas.  I guess the goal is to eventually have just one Android app some day

41 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

just wish it would change with the setting

That seems like what it should do as that is a highlight which is what the setting is for. 

• Like 1

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

That seems like what it should do as that is a highlight which is what the setting is for. 

I'll bring this up in the other thread.  I've tried changing it to blue and other colors and it never changes from white.

arrbee99
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

You're probably right, but I don't like some of the accent colours much more than the green.

Still quite like to see borders round everything in whitish with a nice highlight colour when in use -

1725480064_EmbyHomePagebackground10crop.thumb.jpg.a4c69450a8f70e36ae7213975bb07b95.jpg

FrostByte
1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

You're probably right, but I don't like some of the accent colours much more than the green.

Oh, I don't mind green myself.  I can definitely tell which poster I'm focusing on with green.