Emby is Stuck at 33% On My Families RokuTV's

Methodman104

Methodman104

For the last few days my family is unable to connect to my emby server. When they try to play any on-demand content it loads at stops at 33%, the same if they watch my live-tv channel on there. They live out of state, so I cant test anything, but they told me everything else on their Roku TVs play except for Emby.

Is there something that cane be done? They have used it for 2 years with no issues.

I told my Mother to uninstall and reinstall Emby, I told her to unplug her TV and plug it back in, but it is still doing the same thing...stuck at 33%.

Why is causing this? What can I do? They are my most loyal viewers.

18 hours ago, Methodman104 said:

my family is unable to connect to my emby server. When they try to play any on-demand content it loads at stops at 33%

Hi.  Are they not able to connect sometimes and sometimes are?  They can't be getting the second issue if they cannot connect.

If you can provide the logs from the server (including ffmpeg) as requested by Luke, we may be able to spot something.

Thanks.

Methodman104

Methodman104
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The issue is always with live TV?  What about local content?

also local content, I have more log files if you need them.

Methodman104
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Can we see an example with local content? What format is that in?

MP4, it always worked for them before, but now none of the local files they play from my computer play for them. However emby works fine fine on my end. Is that what you mean by local content? Files that will play on-demand for others?

The last file they tried to play on-demand was this on October 8th... It was played for 2-3 minutes and was stuck at 33% so they closed the app and gave up.

ffmpeg-transcode-f758000b-3e96-4dd4-9d32-09488feb36fa_1 (1).txt

Methodman104

Here are two more log files from today, seems they tried to watch an episode of something, and it did not play so after 1-2 minutes they stopped trying to watch it. This all started last Tuesday or Wednesday...not sure if there was some Emby update but ever since then Emby is unplayable on 3 of their RokuTV's.

embyserver (2).txtffmpeg-transcode-15913b49-243c-4f75-86ba-d8917807deeb_1.txt

Edited by Methodman104

The two recent ffmpeg logs look just fine.

But I've seen tons of portmapper errors in the server log. Maybe some kind of network issue?

Methodman104
12 hours ago, softworkz said:

The two recent ffmpeg logs look just fine.

But I've seen tons of portmapper errors in the server log. Maybe some kind of network issue?

Does that mean I should downgrade to the previous version to resolve the issue? Only seems to be on other peoples TV running Roku.

As a test, if you turn off hardware transcoding in server transcoding settings, how does that compare?

Methodman104
17 hours ago, Luke said:

As a test, if you turn off hardware transcoding in server transcoding settings, how does that compare?

Just tried it, i'll find out when someone tries to watch something.

12 hours ago, Methodman104 said:

and nothing happens

Hi.  Can you get them to give more detail?  I find it hard to believe that nothing happens...

Methodman104
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you get them to give more detail?  I find it hard to believe that nothing happens...

I'll try to ask, they are not the most descriptive, especially through text messages.

Methodman104
On 10/11/2022 at 6:13 AM, ebr said:

Perhaps related to 4.7.8.  @softworkz do you have any ideas?

I am a premium member, If I downgrade to the previous version of emby will that help resolve the issue? Is it an easy process? Or even system restore on my computer?

2 hours ago, Methodman104 said:

I am a premium member, If I downgrade to the previous version of emby will that help resolve the issue? Is it an easy process? Or even system restore on my computer?

What you can do and what is safe would be to do a portable installation in parallel and run that instead for testing.

Portable installation download links are here: https://emby.media/windows-server.html
(you just need to adjust the version number in the URL to get the previous version)

An other question I'm wondering is whether this is limited to Roku. I assume, you are accessing the server locally and the Rokus from remote, is that right?

What happens when you access your server from OUTSIDE like with a browser for example?

pwhodges

Where is the "33%" you mentioned?  That doesn't correspond to saying it hangs after 2 minutes.

I've seen "33%" a lot on my Roku of late, and it was in the spinning circle which comes up as it tries to start transcoding; sometimes it even then stuck on a blank screen.  In my case I'd messed up some beta settings, but knowing what is being shown in more detail might help.

Paul

Methodman104
3 hours ago, softworkz said:

An other question I'm wondering is whether this is limited to Roku. I assume, you are accessing the server locally and the Rokus from remote, is that right?

What happens when you access your server from OUTSIDE like with a browser for example?

Yes you are correct.

I can acces emby on y phone outside my network using my phone data. I'll try to install the Emby app on my parents computer remotely and see if it plays from there.

Methodman104
3 hours ago, pwhodges said:

Where is the "33%" you mentioned?  That doesn't correspond to saying it hangs after 2 minutes.

I've seen "33%" a lot on my Roku of late, and it was in the spinning circle which comes up as it tries to start transcoding; sometimes it even then stuck on a blank screen.  In my case I'd messed up some beta settings, but knowing what is being shown in more detail might help.

Paul

Hi Paul, did you want the recent log files? 

Methodman104

ffmpeg-transcode-30e46011-fabb-4650-a7fe-29fb871c8764_1.txthardware_detection-63801248300.txtembyserver (4).txtffmpeg-transcode-38c00908-6ca6-49a7-8097-3b752534bf60_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-1f40ba18-57f4-4996-930b-9c32d82535ef_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-724526a1-8fb8-4157-969c-53cfd134b267_1.txt

Here are today's log files as of right now if it is useful to anyone...my parents tried again and said they still see it stuck at 33%. I also updated windows today but that does not seem to have fixed the 33% issue on their RokuTV's.

3 minutes ago, Methodman104 said:

Yes you are correct.

I can acces emby on y phone outside my network using my phone data. I'll try to install the Emby app on my parents computer remotely and see if it plays from there.

Sounds like a good plan (also try browser). Let us know about the results!