Folder Showing as File

itgreen9

itgreen9

Hello. I am using folder view and a few days ago after a reboot I noticed one of my folders is now showing as a file instead of a folder. How do I make the system see it as a folder again?

itgreen9

I am in folder view in Emby. I have a folder that has 121 sub-folders in it. In Emby when I click on that folder it does not have any of the subfolders in it, Instead it shows the subfolders as seasons. When you click on the seasons folder there is nothing in them. It is not seeing the subfolder as a folder so it's not reading anything underneath it. It was working fine a few days ago. 

4 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

Can you show us the complete folder structure? Thanks.

itgreen9

Drive T

Main Folder

TV Show

Season   

Eps

TV Show 2

Season

Eps

and so on.

Is that what you need?

1 minute ago, itgreen9 said:

Drive T

Main Folder

TV Show

Season   

Eps

TV Show 2

Season

Eps

and so on.

Is that what you need?

Can you provide an actual example? Like we're going to need to see folders and file names to get to the root of the problem. Thanks.

itgreen9

It also looks as if something is going in and renaming all of my files even though I originally set it to name my files based on the metadata in the folder. 

Happy2Play

Is there a reason you did not point the library to TV Land instead of drive letter root?

Are you using the XML plugin to read your xml metadata?  If not it is not used at all.

Then I would question the episode naming scheme as would that be Season 1 episode 01 or Season 1 Episode 0101?  Not saying it will not work but can be a problem.

Edited by Happy2Play

itgreen9

They point to the drive letter because if I don't Emby will show the 100+ folders underneath as the starting point instead of the TV Land folder as the starting point. Creating mass confusion. I have never had a XML plugin before so I was not aware I needed one. I will try that. As for the naming scheme that will take hours to change and I just do not have that type of time unfortunately. Let me try the plugin and I will get back to you. Thanks.

Happy2Play

@itgreen9 Assuming your episode naming scheme is the same for all seasons it would take minutes not hours to put a X between Season/Episode number (01x01) for every episode with something like Bulk Rename utility.

But if your xml files are read I would assume this would correct the episode number/title issue.  

But is not a currently supported format as digits in a season folder should represent episode number.  But there are still quirks with three and four digit numbers.

Episode naming conventions

Edited by Happy2Play

itgreen9

That did not work. I have even removed the entire T drive and added it back in to rebuild it. For some reason it is seeing that folder as single show. 

Happy2Play

Until the issue with complex folder structure is identified this will be an issue with auto detection.

52 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

They point to the drive letter because if I don't Emby will show the 100+ folders underneath as the starting point instead of the TV Land folder as the starting point.

So you are using folder view as that is the only view that will show this folder when identified properly.  To me it would be a library named TV Land pointing to folder TV Land.  That is the only current workaround for this issue when it happens unless we can identify it.

itgreen9

Ok, just frustrating because it has worked for years and all of a sudden last week this issue started. I will work on it. Thank you.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

Ok, just frustrating because it has worked for years and all of a sudden last week this issue started. I will work on it. Thank you.

I have no idea as it works in 4.7.8.0 but not 4.8.0.10 for me.

Happy2Play

Actually, sorry it works in TV Content Type and is broken in Mixed Content type in 4.7.8.0.  @Luke

As numbers in show name break detection.

itgreen9

Can you explain how the metadata is stored. Maybe if I remove it from the database it will rebuild properly. 

21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Actually, sorry it works in TV Content Type and is broken in Mixed Content type in 4.7.8.0.  @Luke

As numbers in show name break detection.

How does the beta compare?