Emby won't start. "Entrypoint Error"

rms8
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

itsawill

I ended up using Media Center Studio to add a new app to launch Emby Theatre.  Seems to work well, but appears in the Extras menu of MCE.  Still, looks like a viable alternative.

Had to create a shortcut to Emby Theatre so i could set it to launch maximised.

But seems to do the job.  A Shame the Windows Media Center theme in theatre just changes the colour and doesn't make it look like the WMC Emby client, but ho hum.

4 hours ago, itsawill said:

doesn't make it look like the WMC Emby client, but ho hum.

Hi, what do you mean exactly?

unisoft
On 02/10/2022 at 16:33, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean exactly?

'itsawill' means just a blue background rather than the WMC wallpaper that has a graduated pattern in it (but Android TV Emby App uses it) and the fact the UI does not look like the WMC tiles.

Just bumped into this issue as well 😞  Oh well. End of an era.

(Count me in if you are even remotely reconsidering this... Yes, my main HT projector is wired to a Win7 with WMC. What can I say. It work.s.ed well 🙂 )

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

I think you should be able to use 4.7.6 with it for quite some time.

Thanks Luke. Yes, I get it. It's just that my server now runs as a docker under Unraid, which makes it a bit of an ordeal. I'll figure it out.

• Thanks 1

MovieNut

I was able to succesfully roll back to 4.7.6 by copying the system files however I keep getting prompted in Emby for WMC to restart the server for the available update. I disabled auto update in the server settings but it keeps coming up. Looking for some guidance on what I may have missed or done wrong. Thanks.

image.png.5a56927d8258f18c0e1d767a158339be.png

2 hours ago, MovieNut said:

I disabled auto update in the server settings

Now that you've done that, delete the "update" folder under your server programdata folder.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:38 PM, Luke said:

I think you should be able to use 4.7.6 with it for quite some time.

I'll ask anyway: Is there a simple way to do the downgrade if my server is a docker under Unraid? The release on github includes installation files for quite a few archs but not for a docker image... Thought I'd ask before starting to reconstruct. Thanks.

EDIT: Turns out there are docker tags for server versions, so should be pretty straightforward.

Edited by doron

MovieNut
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Now that you've done that, delete the "update" folder under your server programdata folder.

Perfect. Thank you.

MyCatHasFleas

Thanks so much for the help!

Tried for a couple hours trying to uninstall/reinstall an older version of Emby, but it always logs in the web server to update to the latest version that also broke my WMC Emby plugin. I use WMC for all TV/DVR duties, so staying in WMC is a must for me. I've been with EMBY since the Media Browser days and love it!

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, MyCatHasFleas said:

Thanks so much for the help!

Tried for a couple hours trying to uninstall/reinstall an older version of Emby, but it always logs in the web server to update to the latest version that also broke my WMC Emby plugin. I use WMC for all TV/DVR duties, so staying in WMC is a must for me. I've been with EMBY since the Media Browser days and love it!

You need to disable auto updates in Settings-Settings, but if update happens beforehand just delete the downloaded update in the updates folder before you restart.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\updates

• 3 weeks later...
GizmoGuy

Looking for help to resolve error starting Emby from Microsoft Media Center... following error message displayed by briefly by MCE and then Emby window is closed.

"Entrypoint Error: Emby could not launch.  Please be sure the server is running, awake and available on the network.  Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value "SortName" to type 'MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MetadataFields'. Path 'Items[3].LockedFields[0]', line1,position" (rest truncated by error window size).

This error started 3 days ago, prior to which Emby was running fine from MCE.  Emby server is running and active... using Emby icon, can open and use webpage and configuration before start MCE and get error, and after get error.  Rebooting does not resolve.

Running Emby V4.7.8.0;  Win7(sp1_rtm.1101119-1850);  MCE Win7v6.1.7601.17514

Happy2Play

@GizmoGuymerged with existing topic.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:06 AM, Luke said:

You'll need to stay on server version 4.7.6 and not go any higher than that - if you're using WMC.

You might consider checking out our Emby Theater app, which is designed to fully replace WMC:

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

Edited by Happy2Play

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the apk listed in this topic, but what folder do I paste it into and do I need to delete any other apks at the same time?