Home Videos show up in Movie Library

Maverick0815

MagicPinball

No, did not use widgets.  All other videos (Movies and TV Shows, mostly in MKV) work fine.  It is just Carnival Row.  I can't figure it. 
If it helps, I have used MediaInfo and have attached an export of what it found.
If this does not help, don't pursue this since it is only one series that has an issue.

Carnival Row S02E01 (MediaInfo).txt

quickmic
47 minutes ago, MagicPinball said:

No, did not use widgets.  All other videos (Movies and TV Shows, mostly in MKV) work fine.  It is just Carnival Row.  I can't figure it. 
If it helps, I have used MediaInfo and have attached an export of what it found.
If this does not help, don't pursue this since it is only one series that has an issue.

Carnival Row S02E01 (MediaInfo).txt 20.04 kB · 0 downloads

Could be related to the ASS subtitle issue reported here:

can you confirm that?

LittleWizard

For me ass works wrong, but video play.

Anyway you can try deleting ass subs from file with mkvtools, if than it plays correctly, try reputting them in with mkvtools to see if it doesn't play again.

quickmic

@MagicPinball

I seems you are using playlists. Please run a straight simple test, nothing fancy. Otherwise impossible to debug.

This means, stock skin, no nodes. Just a simple playback on the affected file.

Edited by quickmic

MagicPinball

No playlists.  Runs from Windows file manager. Runs from Emby.  Does not run from stock Kodi 20.1.

I could try LittleWizard's suggestion, but I am not familiar with mkvtools.

quickmic

Can you please send me all the subtitle files for Carnival_Row_S02E01_Fight_or_Flight.mkv.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, MagicPinball said:

There are no external files.  Just the mkv file.

So the detected ASS subtitles are all embedded?

MagicPinball

Yes, subtitles are embedded.  This morning, I tried other episodes,  Some work and some do not work in Kodi.  All work from Emby.  Using MediaInfo, I compared the export from an episode that works in Kodi and one the doesn't.  Except for obvious differences (dates, duration, size, etc.) all other info is the same, including 35 ASS text entries.  So, it is not ASS.

Since I have been using Kodi for the last 6 years (and countless TV shows and movies) without any other video incidents, I am going to chalk this up to "gremlins" for this series.  There must be something weird within the series' mkv files.  I am willing to move on and not waste our time.

Thank you for your efforts.  Being in software development myself, there are GREMLINS.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, MagicPinball said:

Yes, subtitles are embedded.  This morning, I tried other episodes,  Some work and some do not work in Kodi.  All work from Emby.  Using MediaInfo, I compared the export from an episode that works in Kodi and one the doesn't.  Except for obvious differences (dates, duration, size, etc.) all other info is the same, including 35 ASS text entries.  So, it is not ASS.

Since I have been using Kodi for the last 6 years (and countless TV shows and movies) without any other video incidents, I am going to chalk this up to "gremlins" for this series.  There must be something weird within the series' mkv files.  I am willing to move on and not waste our time.

Thank you for your efforts.  Being in software development myself, there are GREMLINS.

I think I know what's the issue. As they are embedded, the plugin still tries to "download" them.  This usually reflects in duplication reported by @LittleWizard

I don't know why this results in a not playable item in your case, however. I'll fix this in next version and let's go from there.

Edited by quickmic

MagicPinball
  • Deleted folder: C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
  • Started Kodi fresh, loaded plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.1.0-build 1.zip
  • The system froze with the "Emby for Kodi Next Gen" displayed in upper right
  • Aborted Kodi and restarted Kodi
  • Kodi asked for all necessary info to connect and Selected All Libraries 
  • Navigated to TV Show, episode and started.
  • Worked!
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, MagicPinball said:

Forgot to ask.  When will this be available as a stable release?  Or modify ver 7.x as stable?

Actually, 7.X is the current stable release. The only reason why I didn't push it to stable repo yet is, all users needs perform a complete (Kodi) resync. As Emby server beta >.19 has a serious performance issue while (complete) init sync, I will not force people yet. They would be really screwed.

8.X is currently public testing, but as soon as 7.X is pushed to stable repo, 8.X will become the next beta.

Edited by quickmic