Re-Download Missing Cover Images Only

TheGru
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Most likely something happened to the files, for instance maybe you inadvertently cleared out the contents of the server's internal metadata folder.

TheGru
Just now, Luke said:

Most likely something happened to the files, for instance maybe you inadvertently cleared out the contents of the server's internal metadata folder.

So I have Unmanic running to convert MKV to MP4 and then notify Radarr of the changes and have Radarr setup to notify Emby of updates. 

I have processed thousands of files this way without issue. Is it possible that when radarr tries to update Emby but Emby is in the midst of another process running it causes a problem?

TheGru
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Maybe one of those processes is deleting image files?

I don’t believe so as this isn’t happening on every movie and I processed thousands this way without losing any images. 

It has been a handful of movies that have lost covers. 

I will note that if I add media to my system via Radarr or Sonarr which Emby should pickup either by real-time monitoring or by the ARR app connect setting to Emby, and Emby is running a scan or extracting thumbs or intro data, that no library updating happens and the new media does not show up for hours while those processes run. 

is there any way to get parallel processing to happen?

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 12.07.06 PM.png

Edited by TheGru

TheGru

I am currently refreshing Metadata on my Kid's Shows Library. I tail the log because progress indication in Emby as we all know is less than informative. I can see shows being processed.

I also see that my Movies library will be refreshed, I assume because my system acquired something new, but I will never see it in the library while the refresh runs, which will take hours.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 12.13.33 PM.png

I also see that my Movies library will be refreshed, I assume because my system acquired something new, but I will never see it in the library while the refresh runs, which will take hours.

That's the realtime monitor reacting to some kind of change in the file system, which yes, will trigger rescanning.

TheGru
1 hour ago, Luke said:

That's the realtime monitor reacting to some kind of change in the file system, which yes, will trigger rescanning.

So should I disable the Connection from Sonarr and Radarr and rely solely on realtime monitoring in Emby?

9 hours ago, TheGru said:

So should I disable the Connection from Sonarr and Radarr and rely solely on realtime monitoring in Emby?

Well we don't know yet if this is the source of the problem but it might be worth trying for a little while.

TheGru
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Well we don't know yet if this is the source of the problem but it might be worth trying for a little while.

Here is the workflow on my system

Sonarr/Radarr downloads media and puts it on my array in the proper folder. -> Emby gets notified and content shows up in respective library

Unmanic is monitoring the array with rules setup to convert MKV files to MP4 files with AC3 audio. Upon completion Unmanic alerts Sonarr/Radarr to trigger a refresh. This updates the information in the ARR clients and that process works. Files are seen as the resulting MP4 files and the episodes/movies are unmonitored automatically as to not replace my wanted files with something else.

Sonarr/Radarr are configured to Connect to Emby and alert it of the changes. I have it setup to alert ON IMPORT (initially downloaded), ON UPGRADE and ON RENAME. 

The reason I have it this way is that if the system recently acquired a lot of content, and the Unmanic Queue would be full of work to be done, the files as originally downloaded could still be available in Emby until they are converted, at which point Emby would refresh.

I have had this configured this way for months without any issue.

As of 4.8.0.10 (maybe the prior build as well but cannot be certain) this seems to be a bad setup.

While the refreshing of the content in the library was never instant, now it seems to take days. Perhaps it is just my perception, but I went from not perceiving an issue at all to being wildly frustrated because I can't figure out what is happening. Granted my libraries are very large with over 10,000 movies and over 59,000 individual tv episodes across ~1000 series, however it's not like my content library has grown exponentially in recent months either.

I contemplated downgrading, but If I roll back the official docker container to latest stable I would end up back on 4.7.6.0, as there does not seem to be a 4.7.8.0 image here: https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver/tags and I do not know if it would be safe to roll back anyway given any DB changes or other modifications.

• Thanks 1

TheGru

Some additional testing.

I have disabled the connect feature from Sonarr/Radarr. In doing so Emby no longer picks up anything new in the library nor does it detect any changes to the filesystem at all. The log shows that the realtime monitor has detected something, but the latest movie I downloaded as a test, still does not show up in the Library 18 minutes later. In looking at the log, the server is not running any other jobs that would be blocking the new movie from showing up.  I now recall this being an issue for months, which is why I ended up setting up the ARRs to use the Connect Mechanism to trigger new/updated content to show up at all.

2022-10-02 14:36:31.019 Info LibraryMonitor: Movies (/mnt/Movies) will be refreshed.
2022-10-02 14:36:31.247 Info LibraryMonitor: Movies (/mnt/Movies) will be refreshed.
2022-10-02 14:36:31.327 Info LibraryMonitor: Movies (/mnt/Movies) will be refreshed.

TheGru

I just told the Movies Library to Scan

2022-10-02 14:58:11.542 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://‌‍‍192.168.1.8‌:8096/emby/Items/4/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=Default&MetadataRefreshMode=Default&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome macOS&X-Emby-Device-Id=281155e0-4b5f-4c58-b8b7-a15dc5897d76&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.10. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2022-10-02 14:58:11.542 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to ‌‍‍192.168.1.107‌. Time: 0ms. http://‌‍‍192.168.1.8‌:8096/emby/Items/4/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=Default&MetadataRefreshMode=Default&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome macOS&X-Emby-Device-Id=281155e0-4b5f-4c58-b8b7-a15dc5897d76&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.10

I will wait and see if the new movie shows up.

TheGru
20 minutes ago, TheGru said:

I just told the Movies Library to Scan

2022-10-02 14:58:11.542 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://‌‍‍192.168.1.8‌:8096/emby/Items/4/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=Default&MetadataRefreshMode=Default&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome macOS&X-Emby-Device-Id=281155e0-4b5f-4c58-b8b7-a15dc5897d76&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.10. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2022-10-02 14:58:11.542 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to ‌‍‍192.168.1.107‌. Time: 0ms. http://‌‍‍192.168.1.8‌:8096/emby/Items/4/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=Default&MetadataRefreshMode=Default&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome macOS&X-Emby-Device-Id=281155e0-4b5f-4c58-b8b7-a15dc5897d76&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.10

I will wait and see if the new movie shows up.

This did not work. I had to go in to the Settings and run the schedule task for Scan Library, which then did ultimately find the movie, but did not grab any of the images or the metadata. I then did a manual identify on the movie and it seems to be fine.

My libraries are accessing files through container paths mapped to host paths. I have no network shares involved. I would assume realtime monitoring would work. I have Unraid set to fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 1048576 and would assume that would also not be a problem

Edited by TheGru

TheGru

So no clue why this process is happening. Emby is pulling images out of Deadpool 2 in 10 second intervals, although I have the library setup to do Chapter Markers only, and I am not running a thumbnail extraction, and I have not just added the movie which would cause the extraction to happen on import. 

The only thing running is a manual library scan.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 3.33.16 PM.png

I had to go in to the Settings and run the schedule task for Scan Library, which then did ultimately find the movie, but did not grab any of the images or the metadata

Hi, we'd have to look at an example. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, TheGru said:

Log attached, the movie I tested with was Girl in Room 13 

embyserver.txt 397.62 kB · 1 download

There's no mention of girl in room 13 in this log file. Even if it didn't get internet metadata, it would still show up in the log when the file gets probed for media info.

TheGru

So as things were just not working I rolled my docker container back to 4.7.6.0 and scanning seems to be tearing through my library now. No clue why things seem to not function in the 4.8.0.10

I will stick with what's working again now by reverting. Can someone build a 4.7.8.0 container in the official repo? I see it was added 4 hours ago. Thanks

Edited by TheGru

TheGru

Just to add I am now on 4.7.8.0 Docker on Unraid and my original configuration as previous described is back to working 100%

• Thanks 1

TheGru

And just for completeness here is a current log where everything is working properly including thumbnail extraction by chapter markers not 10 seconds and intro skip detections also happening and new media is being detected and added to the library all at the same time.

embyserver (2).txt

Edited by TheGru
  • Thanks 1