emby unstable and theater loses controls

mvbwbv

3 hours ago, mvbwbv said:

Hi Luke

Yes Emby Live TV setup shows only 1 tuner and will play 1 program. I have tried removing both Wintv10 and Emby then reinstalling.  WinTV will play 2 instances so different channels at the same time but Emby will not. 

Please can you assist with this?

Hi, we are looking into this. Thanks.

5 hours ago, mvbwbv said:

Hi Luke

Is this a known issue ?

Regards

Mark

For the second hauppauge tuner yes we are looking into it.

So to confirm I have 1 WinTV DualHD tuner which should give 2 simultaneous  channels but only now shows 1 under TV source where it use to show 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 1:07 PM, mvbwbv said:

So to confirm I have 1 WinTV DualHD tuner which should give 2 simultaneous  channels but only now shows 1 under TV source where it use to show 2.

HI, yes we're looking into it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Is there any update on this? 

I have set up a spare Win7 PC and installed WinTV, the USB device, and emby from scratch and still only see one tuner and can only watch one channel. I have tried playing with NextPVR, but not totally sure what to do with it as there are no instructions or options. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, mvbwbv said:

Is there any update on this?

could a Beta version help?

Hi, can you try restarting the app and let me know if you're still seeing this? Thanks.

mvbwbv

Hi Luke,

I have restared the emby server  and tried to add a 2nd tuner but still  not showing up.

Version 4.7.11.0

3 hours ago, mvbwbv said:

Hi Luke,

I have restared the emby server  and tried to add a 2nd tuner but still  not showing up.

Version 4.7.11.0

HI, so this is about a different problem now? The tuner is not showing up where exactly?

19 minutes ago, mvbwbv said:

sorry, not trying to be rude but could you read the previous posts above.

I did, but where exactly is the tuner not showing up? 

mvbwbv

ok, under Live TV, Add TV source there is only 1 WinTVdual HD source showing where there used to be 2.

It will not detect a second source.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 193201.png

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, mvbwbv said:

ok, under Live TV, Add TV source there is only 1 WinTVdual HD source showing where there used to be 2.

Hi, for Hauppauge I believe the issues are resolved in the 4.8 server beta channel. If you need immediate relief you might consider trying that. Just please make sure to browse the testing area first to get a feel for open issues and whether or not they'll be a problem for you. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 3:21 AM, mvbwbv said:

Still the same issue  as January any suggestion if this will  ever be addressed?

Hi, what version of the app and server are you on now?

version 4.7.14.0

To confirm  we are talking about  under Live TV, Add TV source there is only 1 WinTVdual HD source showing where there used to be 2.

previously there  were 2 sources showing and you could record 1  and watch a second. it is a dual tuner device.

Edited by mvbwbv

On 9/15/2023 at 4:02 AM, mvbwbv said:

previously there  were 2 sources showing and you could record 1  and watch a second. it is a dual tuner device.

It should only be one entry in Emby live tv setup, but you can still use both tuners. I believe there is an issue with this with Hauppauge and the 4.7 server release, but this has been corrected in the upcoming 4.8 release. One entry in live tv setup, and use of both tuners.

• 2 months later...

Please can you advise when  4.8 will released. This issue has now been raised  for over a  year.  Seeming the dual tuner worked previously and was broken by the latest release, please can this be fixed.