emby unstable and theater loses controls

mvbwbv

Hi,

having used Emby for a few months and I am finding the Live TV experience unbearable. I am using a Hauppauge Dual USB device for Live TV.

I initially used on Windows 7 x32 and have changed to a Win10 x64 but found the LiveTv to be unstable, jerky and irratating.

Installed the latest versions from the Emby site this week (23rd Sept 2022) with all Windows update,s AV removed, removed as many unrequired apps/data as possible to remove load on the PC. The same PC has the server (4.7.6.0) with Next Pvr as advised in https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/110764-hauppauge-wintv-dualhd-emby-only-using-one-tuner/ although this only fixed the 1 stream working at a time.

So with LiveTV, playing anything on any channel, the first 10 to 20 seconds there are stutters in the playback which clear slowly, with the occasional stutter. I randomly get "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details"  when switching channels, suggesting the channel being played is not releasing the stream!!. I have to Restart Emby server to clear this. This does not happen watching other content. 

I have tried using Emby Theater to see if it is the browser causing the above, but this is next to unusable, after 30 seconds of using (3.0.16) switching channel it  loses the top controls and you have to end the program via Task manager. 

I have searched the web looking for solutions and made tweaks as suggsted for both issues, without joy

I could understand if this was a free to use, but as I am paying for Emby Premier you would think that the system would be seemless, smooth and not need multiple tweaks, addons etc. 

If anyone feels they can offer suggestion, it would be appreciated but the experience is pushing me toward SKY, which is a shame as the overall feel and capability is what I have been looking for.

Regards

Mark

So with LiveTV, playing anything on any channel, the first 10 to 20 seconds there are stutters in the playback which clear slowly, with the occasional stutter. I randomly get "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details"  when switching channels, suggesting the channel being played is not releasing the stream!!. I have to Restart Emby server to clear this. This does not happen watching other content. 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your reply and attached is a log file. Please let me know if this is sufficient.

The last thing I did was play channel 3 at 09:11 this showed and the stutters occured.

I will upload another log when the error message is next seen.

Regards

embyserver.txt

Regarding the stuttering, are you sure you provided the right log file? All I see is browser-based playback. Is that how you're playing?

Hi Luke,

yes, I am using chrome browser to watch LiveTV, but the same with Edge and firefox. does not stutter on other saved media.

It looks like it needs a buffer. although clicking Play it sometimes takes 10 of so seconds to start with a blue spinning circle, plays a second or 2 stutters then plays and repeats a few times. 

It does the same in Theature, but find apart from then losing top menu this also is very jumpy.

Hi Luke, yes I have tried Theatre and mentioned this above that it loses the top menu and watching snooker yesterday as the players moved aaround they were not smooth. so not like robots jerky just not smooth to watch. This is not the case in the browser..

Attached is the ffpeg log, starting channel 1 at 7:38 it stuttered 4 or 5 times. I did the same a few seconds prior and it did not look to stutter.

ffmpeg-transcode-0056dcee-7675-441e-bb98-0f04a41b9d66_1.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay. The browser app still randomly gives the "No compatible streams...".  

This also occurs in the Theatuee. 

When this occurs in the Theature the top menu disappears and you cannot do anything. Luckily if you move the mouse to the bottom right corner you can get the task bar to appear and can close the app, restart Emby server and it will carry on working until next time. 

Just notice on the page 

That someone else is seeing the "No compatible streams..."  suggesting that Emby is holding up streams when it should be releasing. 

Regards 

Mark

9 hours ago, mvbwbv said:

Apologies for the delay. The browser app still randomly gives the "No compatible streams...".  

This also occurs in the Theatuee. 

When this occurs in the Theature the top menu disappears and you cannot do anything. Luckily if you move the mouse to the bottom right corner you can get the task bar to appear and can close the app, restart Emby server and it will carry on working until next time. 

@mvbwbvcan you please attach the emby server and ffmpeg log files from a browser example? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

I have stopped using Emby for a while as have a new Smart TV and been trying to get used to this. I have gone back to Emby as the TV only allows one recording, so was going to use Emby for when multiple recordings are required.

Yes,upgraded t0 4.7.10 but some where along i have lost one of the wintv tuners. So now Emby Live TV setup shows only 1 tuner and will play 1 program. I have tried removing both Wintv10 and Emby then reinstalling.  WinTV will play 2 instances so different channels at the same time but Emby will not. 

Please can you assist with this?

regards

On 1/4/2023 at 3:26 AM, mvbwbv said:

Hi Luke,

I have stopped using Emby for a while as have a new Smart TV and been trying to get used to this. I have gone back to Emby as the TV only allows one recording, so was going to use Emby for when multiple recordings are required.

Yes,upgraded t0 4.7.10 but some where along i have lost one of the wintv tuners. So now Emby Live TV setup shows only 1 tuner and will play 1 program. I have tried removing both Wintv10 and Emby then reinstalling.  WinTV will play 2 instances so different channels at the same time but Emby will not. 

regards

HI, yes we're looking into it. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Luke

Yes Emby Live TV setup shows only 1 tuner and will play 1 program. I have tried removing both Wintv10 and Emby then reinstalling.  WinTV will play 2 instances so different channels at the same time but Emby will not.