Emby won't detect Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD-USB

ambrs57

Everything worked fine before, but after doing a clean install of Windows 10, Emby can't find the tuner.  Installed latest WinTV 10.  Emby won't even let me do a manual connection.  What gives?

I posted practically the same question 7 days ago, but never got any response.

In the end I created a manual m3u file using the Stream details listed on the WinTV app, which does work, but was a very tedious task to create. 

Hopefully, somebody will respond why Hauppauge tuners are having problems being detected by Emby. 

Edited by Weemisty

I'm having the same exact problem as Weemisty.  'No new devices found. To add a new tuner, close this dialogue and enter the device information manually.'  But it won't allow adding it manually.

Edited by ambrs57

I might add that i had no problems with this ever, with previous versions of the Emby server.  Is it possible to get the installation file from the version around last January?

2 hours ago, ambrs57 said:

Shutting off the firewall doesn't make any difference.  Same error.

Ok. Can you see the Hauppauge device on your pc in networked places or as a networked device? Also, is the ip of your Hauppauge static or dynamic? Apologies if you’ve already checked these things 

Edited by iiiJoe

No, it is not visible as a network device, but I've been using it for well over a year with Emby with no issues, before this Win10 reinstall and Emby update, and I don't recall that it was ever a network device.  It shows up on my PC under Device Manager as working normally, and it works just fine with the most recent version of WinTV.  It has no independent IP Address, since it is not installed as a network device.  It's just a USB device connected to the PC I use as my server.

Thanks.                                   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
staticmotion
On 9/18/2022 at 10:38 AM, ambrs57 said:

Everything worked fine before, but after doing a clean install of Windows 10, Emby can't find the tuner.  Installed latest WinTV 10.  Emby won't even let me do a manual connection.  What gives?

I'm having the EXACT same problem. Some update somewhere has ruined it. I haven't paid for WinTV Extend so can't do the m3u workaround

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 4:54 PM, staticmotion said:

I'm having the EXACT same problem. Some update somewhere has ruined it. I haven't paid for WinTV Extend so can't do the m3u workaround

@staticmotion we're happy to help. Please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this:

Thanks !