home screen focus preview background images stop work on 1.3.7

AndyXH
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dickydodah!

I tried with autoplay on and it does indeed seem to work but there is a bit of a glitch on the 2016 K series. When the second episode is playing the FFW and RWD dont work until I press the up or down buttons to get the info or progress indicator on screen. It all then works as expected. Also if the episode is the last available everything works fine even with autoplay turned off. On the 2017 M Series autoplay seems to fix everything (except my better half moaning that she doesn't like autoplay 🤣)

I am still seeing the blanked out episode thumbnails that reappear if you go back to the home screen.

FrostByte

In the Android app with auto play next turned off what happens when it reaches the end is that it displays a background and the user can then either manually skip to the next episode, or back out and go back to the episode details if they're done.

What appears to happen in the Samsung app is that the background task ceases to function at the end and then no longer works anywhere.  So, all you get is a black background afterward

FrostByte

I find it kind of odd though that the app would just stop at the end of an episode displaying nothing but the backdrop of the show.  There is no visual clue of what to do next because you're sitting there staring at a background waiting for the app to do something.

Why not dump the user back to episode detail page, or the detail page of the next episode if there is one with the PLAY button in focus.  Then they can just click the PLAY icon if they so choose to play the next episode.

FrostByte

Ok, Luke mentioned elsewhere that a PLAY NEXT button is supposed to show up at the end.  Not a black screen or just a plain backdrop. 

Dickydodah!

I get the play next on a black screen at the end of an episode but if i choose not to play next and try to exit all backdrops are black.

FrostByte
51 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

I get the play next on a black screen at the end of an episode but if i choose not to play next and try to exit all backdrops are black.

Ok, I think I've figured it out.  It's just these 2-minute Groot episodes I don't see the button.  I can still get the black screen though with auto start off and backing out though.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte
24 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

@FrostByte Do you know if there is any fix for this imminent?

No, sorry.  I'm sure Luke is on it as he now knows how to reproduce it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/09/2022 at 19:32, FrostByte said:

No, sorry.  I'm sure Luke is on it as he now knows how to reproduce it.

Yes, this should be fixed in the next USB release

• Thanks 2

Dickydodah!

@Luke I've tried 1.4.0 and on my 2017 all seems to be OK but on the 2016 the app installs but hangs at the emby logo on startup. I have tried deleting the old app and installing 1.4.0 but it still won't start.

• Solution
1 hour ago, Dickydodah! said:

@Luke I've tried 1.4.0 and on my 2017 all seems to be OK but on the 2016 the app installs but hangs at the emby logo on startup. I have tried deleting the old app and installing 1.4.0 but it still won't start.

OK I just posted a 1.4.1 update to resolve that. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1