home screen focus preview background images stop work on 1.3.7

AndyXH
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

When you first lauch the app and select a tv show or continue to browse it works once you play something and go back you will only see the text info and background is black as soon as i updated to 1.3.7 not an issues on 1.3.6

FrostByte
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

@FrostByte are you able to reproduce?

Yes, 

• Open the details for an episode and the backdrop is displayed
  • Click Play for a few seconds
  • Click Pause
  • Click Return to go back to the episode details page
  • No backdrop on the Episode's detail page like before.  Just black
  • Agree 1

FrostByte

Actually, when it happens every page just has a black background afterward.  Even the gray background in the Dark Theme is just black everywhere.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Select25

Got the same problem right a few minutes before. It was season Finale and I watched the Episode till the end, then pressed back for switching back to the Series, like you said, everything stays black until I restarted the App. Maybe switching back to 1.3.6

• Agree 1

Dickydodah!

1.3.6 doesn't work on some older TV's and 1.3.7 fixes that problem but has introduced this black screen issue. If you look carefully you can see that the home screen is dulled down as though there is an ovelay over it once the black screen appears. In fact it's all screens except the episode level.

I've tested the new build 1.3.7 on my UE43KU6510 and my UE32M5500 and the playback is now working as expected on both. However a new display bug has crept in.

The isue is very minor and only affects the 6510. When viewing the episode display the info about the episode seems to be in a box with curved coners and the edge of the text is cut off. The 5500 is absolutly fine on this. This "curved box" issue is also seen on movies and music but not anywhere on the TV guide.

IMG_20220917_101029_739.thumb.jpg.8b88fc7565550c4b13724814b77f1a58.jpg

Edited by Dickydodah!
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Dickydodah!

The black screen is only half fixed. If you exit before the end of the episode it all seems to be OK but if you let it run onto the end you get the black screen again across the whole app and the only way to get the backdrops back is to exit completley. Also at the end of playing an episode it sits at the black screen and doesn't go back to the episode screen which I think was the previous behavior, it certainly is in the Movie library.

I have tested on my other TV and this only happens on the UE43KU6510 but is fine on the UE32M5500.

Edited by Dickydodah!

FrostByte
3 hours ago, Dickydodah! said:

The black screen is only half fixed. If you exit before the end of the episode it all seems to be OK but if you let it run onto the end you get the black screen again across the whole app and the only way to get the backdrops back is to exit completley. Also at the end of playing an episode it sits at the black screen and doesn't go back to the episode screen which I think was the previous behavior, it certainly is in the Movie library.

I have tested on my other TV and this only happens on the UE43KU6510 but is fine on the UE32M5500.

I'm not seeing this on my 2018 either.  Might be 2016s (and maybe earlier) only.

@Luke only thing i noticed on 1.3.8 was after watching a show for a while and then go back into the main menu i lost the emby icon and the user icon and the settings icon on the top. strange. I'll see if i can do it again. 

Dickydodah!

1.3.9 doen't seem to have changed much if anything on my 2016.

If you exit before the end of the episode it all seems to be OK but if you let it run onto the end you get the black screen again but this time it's only at the episode level but for all secondary screens across the whole app including movies and the only way to get the backdrops back is to exit completley. The home screen is now always fine.

1 hour ago, Dickydodah! said:

If you exit before the end of the episode it all seems to be OK but if you let it run onto the end you get the black screen again but this time it's only at the episode level but for all secondary screens across the whole app including movies and the only way to get the backdrops back is to exit completley. The home screen is now always fine.

FrostByte
36 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, I'm not able to duplicate this on my 2018

1 hour ago, Dickydodah! said:

@Dickydodah!This only happens on your 2016 K-series right, and not your 2017 M series?

Dickydodah!

@FrostByte I get the same issue on both 2016 K-series and the 2017 M series now.

I have done some more testing and there is some more strange behavior that is probably all related. When the episode ends I get a black screen with a "play next" button as I have autoplay off. Is this the expected behaviour as I believe others have mentioned a description of the next episode comes up? Sorry about the blurry pics the autofocus was having quite an issue 🙁

IMG_20220921_095342_713.thumb.jpg.9d094b44521982cf5ce54c6a83e84ddc.jpg

Then If I press back the Logo and time appear at the top of the screen.

IMG_20220921_095519_235.thumb.jpg.e9c90642f57267ddd5be6bfdc2162009.jpg

Then another back button press gives me this. However the backdrop does flash as the theme colour, not the backdrop picture for less than a second before going black

IMG_20220921_095525_629.thumb.jpg.4a542bde429242765fb4e6bd6559cb12.jpg

I also get this syptom where the thumbnails disapear once played. (autofocus worked on this one 🙂)

IMG_20220921_100737_262.thumb.jpg.138e593da8548cf09485996fd820edb4.jpg

IMG_20220921_092441_669.jpg

FrostByte
53 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

When the episode ends I get a black screen with a "play next" button as I have autoplay off. 

That's it

12 hours ago, Luke said:

Luke, I can now reproduce this if I turn Auto play next episode off.  Once it gets to the end of the episode everything stops and the screen turns black.  If you now start clicking BACK the background image process no longer works anywhere so you get a black background on the episode details screen, and on the enhanced Home page, etc

• Thanks 1