Latest stable on DS414j

alucryd

alucryd

Hi guys, could anyone sporting the DS414j give the latest stable and beta a try? Synology reported failures with the stable release, I would like to confirm that, and also know if the latest beta works. If beta works then the fix should be fairly easy. And while you're at it, please report the kernel version that the DS414j runs on, if it's lower than 3.2 I will have to tackle this from another angle (if it is the beta will not work either btw). Thanks in advance!

Hoipolloi

Hi!

I'm just trying to get Emby installed (first time user) on my DS414j (up to date DSM7). 

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.7.6.0/emby-server-synology7_4.7.6.0_armv7.spk (stable) Doesn't work. It starts but then stops, Package Center says "Manually stopped", restarting yields the same result. Waiting doesn't solve the issue (I believe the latest version in Package Center 4.6.7.0-704060700 might have started, stopped then restarted itself at install). 

journalctrl -f

Sep 17 15:12:32 diskstation synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Control_1_start[25307]: systemd_systemctl.cpp:215 synosystemd: Execute time for [/usr/bin/systemctl enable pkgctl-EmbyServer.service] is 4340 ms
Sep 17 15:12:32 diskstation synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Control_1_start[25307]: systemd_enable.cpp:25 synosystemd: [pkgctl-EmbyServer.service] enabled.
Sep 17 15:12:32 diskstation synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Control_1_start[25307]: SYNOPKG: start EmbyServer: start version 4.7.6.0-704070600 successfully, result 0

and then nothing I can relate.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.8/emby-server-synology7_4.8.0.8_armv7.spk (beta) seemingly works as I've successfully managed to play a file from the web interface!

uname -srm
Linux 3.2.101 armv7l

Happy to help!

alucryd

Thanks a lot for the feedback! WIth that information I should be able to fix the next stable release :)