No icons show up on android tv or fire tv

80srule

Sorry, I forgot I had logged into my mother-in-law’s account setting her up. I still have the issue of the mobile version runs extremely slow. I’m just even browsing around and clicking on things. It runs slow. I could make a video of it but it’s just from the time you click on something it it’s like there’s a delay. Where when you run the android TV version or the Amazon version on the Firestick it runs much quicker like it should. So I don’t know what to do. Because this is not the only error that we run into because I posted in the other part of this group about getting the error when trying to view media on the android TV version. 

So how do I get someone to not connect via an IPv6? If they manually log into the server as an entering the server address rather than using to connect, will that work?

1 hour ago, 80srule said:

manually log into the server as an entering the server address rather than using to connect, will that work?

Yes, that is the way.

23 hours ago, ebr said:

Yes, that is the way.

Didn’t work. I helped them enter the Ip and port and sign in manually and still no icons 

5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can you please have them  follow the instructions to send a log from the app

Thanks.

I finally got it. They just were not fully logging in. I guess you cant log in with connect when doing manual server. I had to ask for a pic of what they were seeing. Once I saw it I told them what to do. 
Thank you for your help

10 hours ago, 80srule said:

Is there no way in EMby to block ipv6? I keep getting some connecting that way and its annoying

This is the only app and situation that should ever require that and we are moving away from it so there shouldn't be a need for such a function.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for jumping on this thread but I thought it would save making a new post,
anyway, I have a similar issue to this but is only affected on a couple of devices, the majority of my devices work fine anyway this happens on rare occasions when I login to emby manually via https (behind a reverse proxy) or via connect, I've tried various versions of the android apps and installation methods to try and resolve this, but I've had no luck doing so the server doesn't use IPV6 as its disabled the only way i have managed to get this to work and show all the covers/images is by logging in via http, any idea why this might happen? as I say it's only a select few it happens on Thank you

image.png

Unfortunately, I haven’t found a way to disable IPv6 on the server or in the app and so until there is a fix for it you just have to login manually is the only way I know to do it. It’s only way that I have gotten people to be able to login and actually see the covers.

1 hour ago, KANATI1 said:

Unfortunately, I haven’t found a way to disable IPv6 on the server or in the app and so until there is a fix for it you just have to login manually is the only way I know to do it. It’s only way that I have gotten people to be able to login and actually see the covers.

@KANATI1 

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Yes I have done that and it bypasses the ipv6 but requires a subscription. Yet the Android tv does not. It also runs slower. It’s very sluggish on a fire stick 4K. It seems to run OK on the 4K max. But I’m not gonna pay a subscription monthly just to not have to login manually one time. 
why it bypasses ipv6 who knows. Interestingly, enough was at a hotel and had no problems. Icons popped right up on the android TV version. But for some reason at home, there’s something in the router that is forcing it into an IP V6, and I know that is unchecked.

OK, scratch that. For me it fixed it but for someone else neither version show icons and less they do a manual login. I guess I don’t understand why there’s not a place to turn off IPV six so that we don’t have this issue.

OK one more thing I’ve noticed the mobile app is super loud when watching the same show or movie compared to the android TV version. Does the mobile version not pass through the Dolby or DTS audio?
or is there a way to turn it on ?

OK so this is new I came home and opened up the app the android TV version and now I have no icons again. I had icons yesterday, but if I do not leave the app open if I exit out of the app, I seem to lose all my icons. 

80srule
On 10/12/2022 at 10:54 PM, KANATI1 said:

OK so this is new I came home and opened up the app the android TV version and now I have no icons again. I had icons yesterday, but if I do not leave the app open if I exit out of the app, I seem to lose all my icons. 

on the ATV version do this. After logging in manually the default setting is logout in the settings. It doesn't really log you out but my buddy found that simply changing that to ALWAYS login as this user.  My friend actually figured that one out because he was having the same issue you are. Why that changes anything I don't know but changing that simple thing should fix it

• 3 weeks later...
80srule
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with this?

Yes, the only way around it is to do a manual login by entering the server address. 

On 10/12/2022 at 11:11 PM, KANATI1 said:

OK one more thing I’ve noticed the mobile app is super loud when watching the same show or movie compared to the android TV version. Does the mobile version not pass through the Dolby or DTS audio?
or is there a way to turn it on ?

The standard app does pass these through to a receiver. Can you try the latest version?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks !

1 hour ago, 80srule said:

ATV version does not? I’ll check to see I thought I had the latest standard or mobile version 

Both do. The latest version is 3.2.82. Is that what you have?

80srule

I do have another problem I’ve seen, and I hadn’t really paid attention, but on android TV doesn’t matter whether it’s a mobile version or the android tv. When my friend had to sign in manually on the android TV now it doesn’t matter which one that they use as you can see in the picture the icons don’t show up on the launch screen. 
I didn’t know what could be the cause of this because now they have icons from both android TV and the mobile. So I didn’t know if they should delete the app and reinstall or what. 

B35FAF69-C1CC-4D4F-8273-08A5A4205FE8.jpeg