No icons show up on android tv or fire tv

80srule

I have 2 friends who I have added and both can not see the dvd covers. This is what they see. I can log in and I see. So I had my friend log into my account on his Firestick and no covers. 
i deleted the account and made it new and still no covers. 
One is on android tv the other is Firestick. 

C391A7E4-33D8-4398-B660-53BC4309D7FC.jpeg

I’d have to ask them. But the problem is I can see them on my device no problem both fire cube, Firestick and my android tv. 
But when they do it using the same device just somewhere else it doesn’t work. It’s not easy trying to get someone else to sideload. 

The server is in the cloud by the way it’s not local so when I’m logging in I am remote just the same as anyone else. I just don’t get why I can see all the icons and others cannot. I’ve got one person who can and two people who cannot. I will look and see if that is enabled or not

53 minutes ago, 80srule said:

The server is in the cloud by the way it’s not local so when I’m logging in I am remote just the same as anyone else. I just don’t get why I can see all the icons and others cannot. I’ve got one person who can and two people who cannot. I will look and see if that is enabled or not

The standard app will likely resolve their issue. Thanks.

Its not happening with everyone. I have 2 friends with me cool android tv boxes. The icons show up. My friend here locally has a fire stick I went over loaded it on hers and signed in and icons appear. SO not sure why 2 of my friends can not get icons. So weird. Im going to have them delete and reinstall just dont know what else to do. 

seanbuff

You can check the 'Activity' section of your dashboard when they connect and authenticate to your sever, it will display their IP Address

Or you can just get them to try and play something and it will show up in the 'Now Playing' section of your server dashboard

image.png.51b6bdb9b11712e091b4172ee4949303.png

If the address shows up as a long string like 2001:db8:3333:4444:5555:6666:7777:8888, then you know that's an IPv6 address.

Edited by seanbuff

Actually, it is the server having an IPv6 address that would be the problem.  Look on your server dashboard.  Is the WAN address IPv6?

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Actually, it is the server having an IPv6 address that would be the problem.  Look on your server dashboard.  Is the WAN address IPv6?

It looks like a normal IP address to me. It’s just a standard ip address with the port after it. It doesn’t look like that that somebody posted above that’s for sure.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:22 PM, seanbuff said:

You can check the 'Activity' section of your dashboard when they connect and authenticate to your sever, it will display their IP Address

Or you can just get them to try and play something and it will show up in the 'Now Playing' section of your server dashboard

image.png.51b6bdb9b11712e091b4172ee4949303.png

If the address shows up as a long string like 2001:db8:3333:4444:5555:6666:7777:8888, then you know that's an IPv6 address.

OK so the one guy that was having problems with the icon showing up hadn’t connected in a few days he’s on this morning and Shernoff he has an IP V6 address, so how do I fix that?

5 hours ago, 80srule said:

OK so the one guy that was having problems with the icon showing up hadn’t connected in a few days he’s on this morning and Shernoff he has an IP V6 address, so how do I fix that?

What exactly is the problem?

56 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Read post #1

His latest post is not about images, it's apparently about ipv6, so I'd like him to clarify what he's asking about.

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

His latest post is not about images, it's apparently about ipv6, so I'd like him to clarify what he's asking about.

The Android image library in the TV app cannot load images from an IPv6 address so that is the problem. (more correctly, it cannot load images from an IPv6 address that specifies a port - which all Emby urls do)

@80srule were you able to get him to send the log?

• Thanks 1

seanbuff
15 minutes ago, 80srule said:

so how do I fix the issue so they are not using an ipv6

what OS does the remote server run? Big assumption here but here is a guide for Windows to get you started with disabling IPv6 at the server end - once you do that and restart the server, Emby will no longer accept IPv6 addresses and your Firestick client apps should fall back to using IPv4 presumably resolving your issue.

Can you try that?

7 hours ago, 80srule said:

Linux. But I don’t have root access to the server or anything like that. 

This is not your own server?

grammy123

They said no that’s not possible. They said that it should be able to be done either on the EMBY media server or within each individual app. But the server is not set up to disable IPv6.