MacOS/Safari: Songs are not played until the end

JPgruenewald

JPgruenewald
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you still running into this?

Unfortunately yes. It's still happening with Safari version 16.1 (17614.2.9.1.13, 17614). As @jmunowitch mentioned it also happened to me again using emby in a foreground tab today (music playback).

JPgruenewald
18 minutes ago, jmunowitch said:

I am actually running into this problem with videos! It will auto check the video as watched and act as though the video was watched to the end.

I can confirm that it is happening in Safari on my computer and my MIL's computer when she watches on Safari. It is not just when the video is in the background. It does not happen at the same time in the video, but some videos do it and others don't.

This is on Safari 16.0 and 16.1.

I tested the videos on chrome and they play continuously just fine. 

Is there something I can do to help send info? 

Does the workaround with Google Chrome work for you too?

23 minutes ago, JPgruenewald said:

Unfortunately yes. It's still happening with Safari version 16.1 (17614.2.9.1.13, 17614). As @jmunowitch mentioned it also happened to me again using emby in a foreground tab today (music playback).

I haven't seen this with either chrome or safari.

jmunowitch
55 minutes ago, JPgruenewald said:

Does the workaround with Google Chrome work for you too?

Correct, in Chrome this does not mark the file as played.

jmunowitch
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

I haven't seen this with either chrome or safari.

This is what I was worried about. 

It doesn't seem to be reliably reproducible, in file or play location within a file. My logs don't show anything out of the ordinary in transcoding or the server logs.

It is happening on my MIL computer which has no safari extensions, even though my safari does (I tried disabling them as well). It seems to happen in some files, and not in others, but not with any sort of real pattern that I can discern. Perhaps if more people started talking about the problem we could have a big enough test group to figure it out.

• Agree 1

jmunowitch

Hi @Luke

Just happened again here:

Safari 16.1 (18614.2.9.1.12), only tab in the window, in the foreground, not PIP. I caught the logs right after it happened. Typically watch at 2x speed, but I am unsure if I was doing it at the time.

Device playing: 13-inch MacBook Pro, M1, 2020. Server: Synology package:  v4.7.6.0

ffmpeg-transcode-7e8a4f6e-c4e2-49f7-b100-aaad5a4e1d85_1.txt embyserver.txt

40 minutes ago, jmunowitch said:

Hi @Luke

Just happened again here:

Safari 16.1 (18614.2.9.1.12), only tab in the window, in the foreground, not PIP. I caught the logs right after it happened. Typically watch at 2x speed, but I am unsure if I was doing it at the time.

Device playing: 13-inch MacBook Pro, M1, 2020. Server: Synology package:  v4.7.6.0

ffmpeg-transcode-7e8a4f6e-c4e2-49f7-b100-aaad5a4e1d85_1.txt 56.78 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 114.8 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, this isn't a song? Please open a new topic for your issue as it appears unrelated to this one.

jmunowitch
On 11/1/2022 at 10:03 AM, Luke said:

Hi, this isn't a song? Please open a new topic for your issue as it appears unrelated to this one.

Gotcha. Just opened a new topic: 

• 1 month later...
JPgruenewald
17 hours ago, Luke said:

@JPgruenewald are you still having an issue with this?

I updated my QNAP NAS to Version QuTS Hero h5.0.1.2192 Build 20221020 a few days ago which is not woking anymore with the newest emby-release for QNAP systems. As soon as the system is running again (with a new emby version) I'll let you know.

Edited by JPgruenewald

JPgruenewald
On 12/7/2022 at 9:55 PM, Luke said:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Hi @Luke,

the issue with Safari is still existing (Chrome is working fine). Meanwhile I switched to the latest docker container of emby. Now it also seems to occur more reliably when these steps are taken to reproduce it (but I guess it's only valid for my system setup...).

My new (changed) setup is:

Computer Info:
MacOS 12.6.2
Safari 16.2

Emby Info:
Version: 4.7.10.0
(for more information see attached log files)

embyserver.txt embyserver-63806472886.txt

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
JPgruenewald
On 12/26/2022 at 12:50 AM, Luke said:

Are you still seeing this following the safari 16.2 update?

Yep. Unfortunately I'm still facing the issue with Version 16.2 (17614.3.7.1.7, 17614) on my system.

• 1 month later...
JPgruenewald
On 2/1/2023 at 9:58 PM, Luke said:

Are you still seeing this with 16.3?

Yes, the issue is still existing for me 😕