Lots of "Camera uploads" on Home Page - Windows Server

dadspet

dadspet

On my Laptop Windows 10.0.19043 Home Emby Server 4.7.6.0 Home page there are 43 camera upload library's (95 Camera Uploads) taking up the screen apparently from my mobile phone or PC. These Camera Uploads of course then show up on my Emby media apps on my FireTV 4K max and Fire 10” tablet”. I have no idea why they are there or how to get rid of them. They weren't there a few days ago then suddenly they appeared. They are not new files and perhaps they got uploaded to the Emby Server after I renamed some folders and reorganized some old files in these renamed folders. It seems like at most there should be only 1 Camera Upload Libray Folder with all the files under neat and not separate Icons for all the files. The Camera Uploads are all from C:\users\JerryR\Appdata\Roaming\EmbyServer\program mydata\data\camerauploads which I gather is a hidden subdirectory on my PC.

I've included a snapshot of the home screen on my PC as well as  recent Logs  when the issue may have started.

image.jpeg.4bc621ecc968d12d7e8ae880d8f0b3b1.jpeg

How can I remove all these camera uploads from my home screen?

embyserver-63797241600.txt embyserver-63797068800.txt embyserver-63797155200.txt

Hello dadspet,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Happy2Play

Don't think this bug has been found yet.  All you can do is delete them from the Settings-Library.

There are a few topics on this though.  I just tested with the same results and 20+ libraries created with multiple folders but still not as may libraries.

Line   326: 2022-08-28 16:14:54.042 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default\Camera Uploads\options.xml
	Line   417: 2022-08-28 16:14:55.282 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default\Camera Uploads1\options.xml
	Line   418: 2022-08-28 16:14:55.282 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default\Camera Uploads11\options.xml
	Line   419: 2022-08-28 16:14:55.282 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default\Camera Uploads111\options.xml
	Line   420: 2022-08-28 16:14:55.282 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default\Camera Uploads1111\options.xml

Happy2Play

@Luke36 libraries created all with same data.  Same/similar results with "Create a subfolder for each device".

image.png.8fb69487e0cc27dd77c2d93431a81a69.png

image.png.09ed037274436f7678c0b6d7009af7ed.png

image.png.b65d03cd6c4d1bab297aeeb2ea63379a.png

image.png.979ed88ebad56ad1e95583159b3444a9.png

iOS 2.2.5

Happy2Play

Additional note as removal can lead to Mixed Content and having to start over deleting the camerauploads.json.

image.png.bd7c82ea447aff4d85b6d388c136619a.png

dadspet

Interesting, I went into settings and started to delete/remove the "camera uploads" entries, after deleting about 4 or 5 the next one I removed /deleted them all and now there are no camera uploads on my media home page.  

Happy2Play

Yes as each library is linked to one of the folders in in /root/default and removing cascades for that folder and database entry so you end up removing all libraries as you can't see which one it is linked to.

Happy2Play

Hack/workaround delete all Camera Upload libraries via UI to clear the database, extract this "Camera Upload" library filed to Emby's /root/default folder and do a library scan to import the library.

Camera Uploads.zip

Or if you have multiple libraries already you can copy the "Camera Uploads" library folder that does not have any 1's in it and delete all Camea Uploads libraries in the UI to clear the database, then place your copied folder back in /root/default and do library scan.

All images are in /data/camerauploads already so they should be seen.  If you have cleared that folder you have to go to /data/devices and find the camerauploads.json file and delete it to re-sync the device image.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
clarkss12

My main server died, so move to a new server. 

When I used this server, as my camera upload app on my cellular phone, I get multiple "camera uploads", just like the others have said.

What are the solutions?  thanks

EDIT: Problem solved.  Forgot to set the  "camera upload path" on the new server.  Deleted all of those existing "camera uploads", and that cleared all of the "camera uploads".  Next I created a mixed content "folder" and pointed it to the new path.  

camera upload.jpg

Edited by clarkss12
solved issue
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
casskaydee

How has this not been fixed yet? There are topics dating back to 2022 and the only answers are "delete the libraries manually via the GUI"

For me, over 1000 libraries were created. I opened Chrome Dev Tools and used the UI to try to remove a single one of them, then went to sleep. About 9 hours later I came back to check and the REST operation to delete the library was still pending. No delete happens. It seems there are so many libraries that Emby server is unable to handle a single request to delete one of them.

There is a "feature" in your Android app that is just a ticking time bomb that renders the user's server completely unusable if enabled. If you can't find and fix the bug, could you at the very minimum add a warning to this feature or disable it until it is fixed?

I was able to go into the SQLite database and remove all 1000+ of the libraries manually from the MediaItems table but the majority of users won't have the background to even think to do that. If I hadn't, the work I've done over the last few days setting up the server would have all been lost - I'd have had no choice but to reinstall completely.

This is not an acceptable situation. Please fix this _disastrous_ bug, disable the "feature" that causes it, or at the minimum provide users a warning that enabling a feature as seemingly innocuous as "Camera Uploads" has the potential to render their server completely unusable.

Edited by casskaydee
add detail

jaycedk

Luckily, we can now as admin, disable this feature.

Not related with this issue.

Bad joke i know. But real incidents. 

A friend had turned this on in a drunken brain fart.

He went to a "Sex worker" and wanted to send his achievement to a friend.

Well it was uploaded to the server, and his wife WAS not happy.

• 1 month later...

OK I think I see something here to help prevent it from happening.

@dadspet  workaround for now is simply to delete the extra libraries.

Thanks.