Jump to content

Enhanced rating


CAPRICORNX10X
 Share

Recommended Posts

CAPRICORNX10X

There is a possibility to improve the visibility of the rating and add ratings from more sites
Like: imdb, rotten tomatoes and more 

like in the image i sent also

jHVJR0bkNuHULZGweZ5Ioa465Q8UesuCc5xeiNFSeBP9kUt1F8RHcXJEh6zeb5js-raddarr.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  We already have RT scores.

where? I do not see it ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X

What about a format logo instead of a caption?

to dolby vision + atmos 

hdr 10 

and so on....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

where? I do not see it ...

You need to have it in your movie metadata. Do you? Try using the metadata editor to set the critic rating value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

What about a format logo instead of a caption?

to dolby vision + atmos 

hdr 10 

and so on....

The industry has gone towards text and away from graphics in these instances but there is an existing FR if you'd like to support it:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

You need to have it in your movie metadata. Do you? Try using the metadata editor to set the critic rating value.

I succeeded ... which metainfo controls the rt rating?
Thanks Luke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

I succeeded ... which metainfo controls the rt rating?
Thanks Luke

The CriticRating value .The only source is from the Omdb metadata provider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

TMDB api does not show percentages like its website

"vote_average": 7.093,

No info comes from IMDB or RT so we rely on OMDB for this information.

 

"Ratings": [{"Source": "Internet Movie Database","Value": "6.7/10"},{"Source": "Rotten Tomatoes","Value": "67%"},{"Source": "Metacritic","Value": "55/100"}],

But currently Community rating shows first provider info so if TMDB is first it is shown, if OMDB were first it would show IMDB value.

Implement Metacritic ratings and allow Enable/Disable ratings option in settings - Feature Requests - Emby Community

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X
2 hours ago, ebr said:

The industry has gone towards text and away from graphics in these instances but there is an existing FR if you'd like to support it:

I can't understand this answer, sorry.
What does it mean that everyone is moving towards a text view? And if everyone jumps off the roof to their death, will you jump too?
There are preferences. There are types of people. Each and his taste.
I can understand a general line of thought of what the media server would look like. And I also understand that it is impossible to meet everyone's requirements.
But in my view there are many types of people with different preferences.
So at the very least you would allow as an option to choose how everyone would like to see:
logo or text. And I don't think it's that impossible to implement.

I made an excellent example of how it could look. I added a lot of logo formats and rating sites.

Of course, it shouldn't look like this regarding the logo formats, but only what is compatible with that movie or series.

But do you want to say that the community will think it doesn't look good? And better than text...?
I'm sure a lot of people will love it and want this 

And think about it ... being unique is different and will set us apart from everyone else and that's how we can bring in more people to emby. Sometimes you have to think outside the box and not be like everyone else

Make it part of the Emby Premiere I'm sure this will increase the number of users who will purchase it....

P.S
I think chapters are supposed to be above the cast

2222.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

I can't understand this answer, sorry.
What does it mean that everyone is moving towards a text view? And if everyone jumps off the roof to their death, will you jump too?

We do try to follow general industry trends for ease of use and understanding by people who are used to using other similar applications.  However, it is really the reasons behind these trends that can be more important.  Years of user research has shown that text is much easier to comprehend and it also avoids some rather cluttered looks, inconsistencies from differing graphics, translation and copyright issues, etc.

Options are always possible in the future but there has to be sufficient demand to warrant the significant cost of such options (it is much greater than "just a checkbox" somewhere - much discussion on that elsewhere).  Any further discussion on this should go in that other FR topic please.

Thanks for your feedback. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X
36 minutes ago, ebr said:

We do try to follow general industry trends for ease of use and understanding by people who are used to using other similar applications.  However, it is really the reasons behind these trends that can be more important.  Years of user research has shown that text is much easier to comprehend and it also avoids some rather cluttered looks, inconsistencies from differing graphics, translation and copyright issues, etc.

Options are always possible in the future but there has to be sufficient demand to warrant the significant cost of such options (it is much greater than "just a checkbox" somewhere - much discussion on that elsewhere).  Any further discussion on this should go in that other FR topic please.

Thanks for your feedback. 

Totally agree with every word. I'm also not debating what is better or not, you (the software developers) surely understand better than me. You have restrictions, limitations, adjustments and more.

That's why I emphasize it again, give this possibility. Give this option for a fee even. Give it a try.

For exemple Allow us to put a dolby atmos + vision logo and charge 1 dollar for it. Act like as these are paid skins like in games. Don't neglect community requests

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X

Just for general knowledge....why not use imdb api?  so we can use their rating. Because it's not free, and they charge a high price?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Because it's not free, and they charge a high price?

Correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Correct.

And is it possible to know how much they demand?  or at least roughly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

And is it possible to know how much they demand?  or at least roughly

It's an unreasonable ongoing fee and there's no Emby side pricing to cover it that would make financial sense.

Edited by roaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X

So if it's that expensive.  How do they manage to market it to other platforms?  Who can afford it to be financial?  plex?  jellyfish?  Netflix?  How is it economical for them to price it so expensively?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

So if it's that expensive.  How do they manage to market it to other platforms?  Who can afford it to be financial?  plex?  jellyfish?  Netflix?  How is it economical for them to price it so expensively?

Some platforms just violate the license terms.

Some companies have a lot of money.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X
14 minutes ago, roaku said:

Some platforms just violate the license terms.

Some companies have a lot of money.

 

got it.  Well, to be honest, their whole api is not that interesting to me.  except for the rating.

 I think the information in tmdb is enough...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Just for general knowledge....why not use imdb api?  so we can use their rating. Because it's not free, and they charge a high price?

IMDB wants $50,000 a year just for IMDB ratings.  And $150,000 a year for full metadata.

AWS Marketplace: IMDb Essential Metadata for Movies/TV/OTT (API) (amazon.com)

AWS Marketplace: IMDb Ratings for Movies/TV/OTT (API) (amazon.com)

Bulk in flat price api adds additional traffic costs.

Edited by Happy2Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CAPRICORNX10X
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

IMDB wants $50,000 a year just for IMDB ratings.  And $150,000 a year for full metadata.

AWS Marketplace: IMDb Essential Metadata for Movies/TV/OTT (API) (amazon.com)

AWS Marketplace: IMDb Ratings for Movies/TV/OTT (API) (amazon.com)

Bulk in flat price api adds additional traffic costs.

50k is not much.
Not talking about emby...
Generally speaking that doesn't seem to be much...assuming there is a large amount of users paying on monthly or yearly plans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

I would see it as a waste of money if they have it to spare every year.  This is just IMDB and then technically you would need the same for Rotten Tomatoes also as I believe their price for their rating is about the same

API fee + all Emby servers traffic

$50,000 for 12 months + metered costs
API metered costs
Usage per 100 bytes - $0.00000093 per unit
Usage per 100 bytes of API requests

Or they buy the media in bulk the host it on their own servers which costs as much if not more.

Or get the same info from third party OMDB for free only difference would be update intervals when values changes.

 

This is just IMDB and then technically you would need the same for Rotten Tomatoes also as I believe their price for their rating is about the same.  So I don't see the value as Emby will not just scrape the info like others do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...