Live TV progress

arrbee99

arrbee99

No, just hoping to find out when all the TV stuff that was being worked on a while ago will emerge into the daylight for everyone to use.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Spaceboy
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, is there a specific feature you have a question about?

i think the main 2 would be 1) native support for all BDA cards and 2) the handling of channels where the channel name changed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

arrbee99

Not far to go then. Thats like a list of 100 improvements that could be added in one go just sitting there being ignored.

• Haha 1

arrbee99

I thought so.

(I'm trying to hint, encourage, cajole, coax, charm, sweet-talk, beseech, blackmail, bribe...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2022 at 7:14 PM, arrbee99 said:

Twiddling around with stuff like this -

Does this mean that the Emby Theater for Windows UI has all the live TV improvements/changes in it already?

arrbee99

Nope. I was linking to that to show that IMHO we should be adding the Live TV stuff (which is 99% server work) instead of doing minor things like hiding video player transport buttons.

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
Armageus
4 hours ago, softworkz said:

Solid green checkmarks are done, light green checkmarks are planned.

If that's genuinely all coming, I don't know why things like three way toggle menu options are being prioritised in terms of Dev or testing time 😕

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well, that depends on the point of view. 

Progress forward - none.

But quite bit of catch-up has happened, which means that the distance to TVnext has been decreased after integrating some parts into Emby mainline.

And one smaller part will come early
(no guessing in public, please).

• Thanks 2

arrbee99

Hmm. Interesting.

(I like to think I've made my own small contribution to this by boring everyone into adding the odd teeny weeny bit here and there 😀)

• 2 weeks later...
arrbee99

@Luke when are we going to get this stuff, all of it, added properly.

I just tried NextPVR on my Shield and Apple TV and the tuning and switching is near instant. On Emby its pathetic. Please stop delaying and fiddling about with other stuff and let us have at it.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest CodeCat5
7 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

@Luke when are we going to get this stuff, all of it, added properly.

I just tried NextPVR on my Shield and Apple TV and the tuning and switching is near instant. On Emby its pathetic. Please stop delaying and fiddling about with other stuff and let us have at it.

I've (begrudgingly) moved back to Plex for most things at this point. I originally bought Emby Premier a little over 2 years ago because Plex's live TV/DVR was in such a pitiful state, but they've finally addressed most of the issues and it's actually a pretty good experience now for the most part. Emby is just starting to feel too dated and slow, especially when it often takes 30 seconds just to tune a channel. I hope these new changes will get to see the light of day soon and bring Emby back up to par with it's competitors.

1 hour ago, CodeCat5 said:

Emby is just starting to feel too dated and slow, especially when it often takes 30 seconds just to tune a channel.

Once another problem that TVnext resolves..

• Like 1