Remove Old Server

Bstuart01
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

Bstuart01

Hello,

I have two servers, I'm moving to the new one and want to remove the old one from the initial server select screen upon Emby launch. I do have the option to 'forget' if I long press for both NVIDIA and Roku however it comes right back after I quit and open the app again.

Curious on where else I might look to get the 'forget' option to stay.

Thank you for your time in advance!

-Brandon  

Bstuart01
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Is the old server offline ?  If not, the broadcast will keep finding it.

Ahh, makes complete sense. Any way to stop the broadcast so I can keep that Emby server as a backup and add it manually if needed? 

If not, no worries, I'll remove the server completely.

• Solution
rbjtech
46 minutes ago, Bstuart01 said:

Ahh, makes complete sense. Any way to stop the broadcast so I can keep that Emby server as a backup and add it manually if needed? 

If not, no worries, I'll remove the server completely.

Just shutdown the Emby system - and the listener/broadcast should stop ?

If you want to keep the old emby server 'active' but not available to clients (on the same network) - then this is a little bit more tricky but doable by blocking the UDP broadcast port on the host outgoing firewall.    Blocking port UDP 51750 or UDP 54660 should do it.

I believe there is also a Feature Request to have this in the emby server - ie make this emby server discoverable - yes/no.

Bstuart01
6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Just shutdown the Emby system - and the listener/broadcast should stop ?

If you want to keep the old emby server 'active' but not available to clients (on the same network) - then this is a little bit more tricky but doable by blocking the UDP broadcast port on the host outgoing firewall.    Blocking port UDP 51750 or UDP 54660 should do it.

I believe there is also a Feature Request to have this in the emby server - ie make this emby server discoverable - yes/no.

Brilliant, thank you very much for the suggestions and taking the time to reply. I will be testing those tonight!