RESOLVED - Home Screen Layout Issues

MajesticMaerlyn

MajesticMaerlyn

Hi,

I am running into some weird behaviour on my AndroidTV - my Home Screen Layout keeps resetting the Libraries to display under next up etc. This seems to occur daily. I have manually changed / confirmed this on all my clients (web client, Android client, Android TV client) to only display two libraries on the front page - however every day the AndroidTV will, without fail, reset it to select all my libraries under Latest and Next Up. It does not change on my other clients.

I am running client 2.0.77g on Sony TV (Bravia 4K UR3) with a Windows server running 4.8.0.7. I believe the issue started occurring on an earlier revision of the server, but can't be 100% certain which build that was (recent, I think just after the library scan issue was fixed).

I can manually change the setting on the TV, they will stay as specified for that session, but for some reason the next day they revert back. I have included two images, showing what it reverts to, and what it should be.

Would love any advice or next steps for testing. 

Cheers

REVERTED.jpg

CORRECT.jpg

Edited by MajesticMaerlyn
Marking issue as resolved

Hi.  If you edit this with the web app and never enter that screen on the Android TV app, do the settings work properly?

MajesticMaerlyn

OK, just woke up. Will check out the beta app first to make sure it's not an easy fix :)

• Thanks 1

MajesticMaerlyn

So far so good. Will report back tomorrow but I hadn't launched the client yet this morning until after installing the Beta client - it appears to have retained the intended settings so far. 

On a side note, has the client had some tweaks to it's load / connect time? Seems a tad snappier :)

Will know for certain tomorrow if issue is resolved. @ebr - if issue reappears and is not resolved will follow your TS steps.

Cheers all

• Thanks 2

MajesticMaerlyn

OK, just a followup - definately appears to be resolved with the beta client. I wasn't even aware of it's existence, so I will add that to TS steps in future for any issues.

Cheers

• Thanks 1