Upcoming Shows not showing up

Angelblue05

sorry ebr - missed it - I posted as a new topic and my post got moved to here - going to try the new update to see if it fixes the problem :)

Ah...okay.  That makes sense.

Heckler

@@ebr Not sure if this helps. but the closer a show gets to it's air date, the more likely it is to disappear.

For example, I've noticed that some shows listed in upcoming that are 4-5 days away show up... and then disappear a day or two before the air date. Whilst others simply never show up at all.

So Doctor Who and QI are there right now, but seem to disappear by Thurs/Fri (they air Fri/Sat) but shows like Arrow, Human Universe are never listed at all.

Can also add a new show to the list of ones that don't show up - Supernatural Season 10.

Angelblue05

I'm on the latest dev version of MBS and the problem seems to be fixed. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

crashkelly

Hope a public version will come soon!

Hope so as well. I am on the latest beta and the issue exists for me.

Thanks for all the work looking into this

CrashKelly

I'm using the latest dev version and it's still missing quite a few programs from my regular list of upcoming shows - is this still a known issue and is there a reason why it always seems to be the same specific TV shows?

What's odd is that some of the shows are listed as being 'upcoming' on the correct day of the week for the following week but not on the current week they are airing!

Some examples are Comic Book Men, Star Wars Rebels, Stalker, American Horror Story, Agents of Shield, Forever amongst others.

Is it known as to what's causing this problem guys?

Does anyone know if there's a version of MB3 Server available where the 'upcoming shows' feature worked as intended, before whatever was changed in the coding caused these problems as I really rely on this feature working properly?

I also noted that there's a 'paid' 'Upcoming TV' plugin available for MB3 - does anyone know if this works properly?

Thanks in advance.

It hasn't changed in a long time, and it does work just fine. However, if there is a limitation it is the fact that it currently uses a combination of your existing metadata and data from tvdb. Until we have a chance to remove the reliance on your metadata then it's going to require that your episodes have complete and correct metadata. That is probably what's going on here.

Yeah, the problem is that the logic is relying entirely on the existence of the "future" episodes and, in some instances, those are not there (for some reason).

The paid plug-in is only an interface for MBC.  It uses the same information the server is showing.

Heckler

Excellent... I'll be waiting for the official release as I can't do beta on mine... as it's in constant use.

Heckler

It hasn't changed in a long time, and it does work just fine. However, if there is a limitation it is the fact that it currently uses a combination of your existing metadata and data from tvdb. Until we have a chance to remove the reliance on your metadata then it's going to require that your episodes have complete and correct metadata. That is probably what's going on here.

I know that every episode I gather has the correct metadata, and if it doesn't auto grab it properly, I manually correct it/refresh it within metadata manager.

Yeah, the problem is that the logic is relying entirely on the existence of the "future" episodes and, in some instances, those are not there (for some reason).

I have 'show missing episodes' turned of because I didn't like them being displayed... in the case of the original CSI, I only had the first 3 seasons... But that setting added missing episodes for a further 9 or 10 seasons, and did the same with other shows I wasn't up to date with or in the case of Scrubs... refused to have the 9th season and didn't need reminding of it.  :)

It makes me wonder if that affects what's happening.

I have 'show missing episodes' turned of because I didn't like them being displayed... 

It makes me wonder if that affects what's happening.

It shouldn't as that setting is for display purposes only.  We gather the information whether you show it or not.

But, as Luke said, whatever the problem was should be resolved in the new release.

crashkelly

Thanks for this, it looks like it is pulling all of them in now.

Kudos to all ;)

Cheers

CrashKelly

crashkelly

Excellent... I'll be waiting for the official release as I can't do beta on mine... as it's in constant use.

I have been running mine off of the beta release since forever and my install serves out to the family 7 days a week and I cannot remember having any issues. The beta's are quite stable

Cheer's

CrashKelly

Heckler

@@ebr I just installed the new server release and the upcoming section is looking very nice and populated...

I can now see why I'm getting behind on my viewing lately... 30 episodes of shows I watch airing this week alone.  It's no wonder I can't keep up... there's just not enough time to keep up.  :)

• 9 months later...
Heckler

I was convinced to update the server to the latest official release last week.

Was away over the weekend, so got back and started to check on shows... when I noticed that this bug seems to have been reintroduced in Version 3.0.5675.1

I guess I was stupid to have listened to advice that loads of stuff had been fixed... after all the problems I have had, with emby screwing up installations and uninstallations... restoring to a back up twice to try and fix all the problems that recent releases have introduced...

It's my own fault for believing things were getting better.

Still, I'm testing kodi at the moment and that's showing a lot of promise.

A quick glance tells me that the following shows that are on this week are missing from the line up... some are on summer breaks, some are finished their half seasons.

The Last Ship

Dominion

I've also been told that 'Stitchers' is missing

It also refuses to show 'Jordscott' at all, but that's been going on since it started.. seems foreign language shows aren't included at all.

Edited by Heckler