Upcoming Shows not showing up

Angelblue05

DarWun

I had this issue with recent updates but a reinstall from the website resolved the issue.

I've installed both the stable and beta versions from the website multiple times now after fully uninstalling the Media Browser Server.  Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue.

DarWun

Here is the log file from my most recent MediaBrowser session.  There are errors connecting to "connect.mediabrowser.tv" and "MovieDbImageProvider".  Could those be causing the issue? 

server-63548646480.txt

Edited by DarWun

Betelgeuse

Version 3.0.5395.0

Suddenly American Horror Story is not showing in Upcoming. Have I fiddled with some setting, or is this serie somehow blocked? Other shows turn up fine.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I have the same problem as @@Betelgeuse. I would really like it if someone would take the time to explain how Upcoming is populated. It is not the first time some of my shows magically disappear or reappear on the list. I don't understand what is changing. Is it based on information in the metadata manager or pulled directly from Trakt? TVDB? I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this question...so thank you in advance for the clarification!

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Heckler

It appears I was wrong about this ONLY affecting UK shows, it does affect US schedules too. These inconsistencies are happening daily and I really would like some kind of comment about the how/why it's happening. I will continue to update the thread as I see new ones.

Image below shows that after failing to show Doctor Who S08E08 at all, it's now showing as it should for yesterday (although, the air time is still incorrect as it was aired as scheduled at 8:35pm)... I cannot be 100% certain as I didn't check it late last night, but it's only reappeared after I added the episode to my collection.

But Homeland S04E03 which is broadcast today (Sunday 12th) at 9pm is missing... after going back and checking the other images posted... it's been missing all along.  I will check before and after this episode is added to see if adding it to my media suddenly causes it to appear on the list after the fact.

It seems that the 'upcoming' section cannot be relied upon as accurate. For people outside the US (and there are an awful lot of them) it makes it hard to know when/if new episodes of your shows are going to be broadcast, unless you go and manually search for each show independently and note down when they are broadcast... Which kinda defeats the purpose of this feature completely.

upcomingissues05.JPG

Edited by Heckler

I don't see Homeland either so I'm not sure this has anything to do with outside the US.

I'm pretty sure this information is built from the data we gather from tvdb.  But I'm noticing that Homeland also doesn't show any unaired episodes in the normal views - thus why it is not showing in upcoming.

So, the issue must be with the logic that retrieves the episode information from the tvdb for each individual series.

• Like 1

Heckler

Nice to see I'm not the only one having problems...  I didn't know that the info was scraped from tvdb... I have a problem with some of the attitudes of staff there, to say power mad is an understatement based on my experiences trying to notify them of mistakes in the past. I gave up entirely and simply modify the metadata at my end and lock it down from changes now... all because of the attitude that 'they're right and everyone else is wrong and we don't change anything unless we want to'.

You only have to look at their forums to see how they treat anyone who dares to suggest something may be wrong.

But that's another issue and has nothing to do with this one....   ;)

@@ebr do you need any logs or anything, any kind of tasks you want me to try... say a reboot and refresh of certain data or something?  Or is there a way of checking the data against what the tvdb shows... Could it be as simple as them making changes (as they did to mess up the image retrieval) that's messed it up.

Would it be worth compiling a list of the shows it's happening to, and seeing if there is a pattern?

So far the following shows have been mentioned.

QI

Doctor Who

Homeland

Arrow

American Horror Story (I don't watch that so can't say if it's affected)

Edited by Heckler

georgewill76

Hi

Thought I would add to this post.  I am also having the same problem except it is a lot worse.  For some reason nothing seems to appearing under Upcoming for me.  Please find attached my log from Server Version 3.0.5395.0

server-63548631848.zip

The tvdb information is there (for Homeland anyway) so it has to be something on our end.  This functionality does probably depend on allowing automatic updates from the tvdb but I have that enabled.

• Like 1

Heckler

@@ebr I have automatic updates turned off because it was over writing stuff I didn't want over written... Because of their refusal to fix issues with older shows where the makers of the show state episodes in their order... and they will only accept the 'scene' order and so forth... and in other cases it's the exact opposite.

So shows/episodes... (for example Firefly) has all of it's episodes out of order and the metadata is completely wrong and has to be manually adjusted for virtually every episode... You either rename files to match theirs or you stick with the correct order (which is the DVD one) and manually do them yourself... Locking didn't always work though and so I turned it off and don't trust it anymore.

But if yours is turned on... then it's probably not that.

Noticed another show missing too.

Arrow S03E02 airs this wednesday 8pm (US) is missing

Arrow S03E03 airs 22nd and is missing

Heckler

Update... Shows that are missing, return after being added.

I said I'd check Homeland before and after adding the episode to my server... Before it was missing, after it was back.

Image also shows nothing for Weds when Arrow airs.

upcomingissues06.JPG

Angelblue05

This is my upcoming for today. I have two of the same good wife episode. I mean, not to compare, but NzbDrone does a much better job at populating the calendar. I think their calendar is based on Trakt.tv information. "The Originals" is not showing on 10/13 in upcoming of MBS, etc.... :(

543b41ce913b3_calendar.jpg543b41752abdc_upcoming.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

saitoh183

I don't see Homeland either so I'm not sure this has anything to do with outside the US.

I'm pretty sure this information is built from the data we gather from tvdb.  But I'm noticing that Homeland also doesn't show any unaired episodes in the normal views - thus why it is not showing in upcoming.

So, the issue must be with the logic that retrieves the episode information from the tvdb for each individual series.

My homeland shows up just fine and so did every show airing tonight

http://pbrd.co/1rpC3fv

But i have originals not appearing in tomorrows upcoming list and a few shows missing for Wednesday

Edited by saitoh183
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

I have two of the same good wife episode.

I get the doubles when I add the episode to my collection.  But the double disappears after a scan.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I get the doubles when I add the episode to my collection.  But the double disappears after a scan.

After you replied, I tried to scan my library and it completed. Unfortunately, it did not remove the double of The Good Wife. :(

• Like 1

Heckler

I've not seen episodes doubled before... but I have obviously tried a scan but it had no effect for me.

The MBS is running 24/7 on the media server which is rebooted every week or two depending on updates.

Update... Shows that are missing, return after being added.

I said I'd check Homeland before and after adding the episode to my server... Before it was missing, after it was back.

To me this confirms my guess above - this information must be derived from the actual episode information we have created.  So, neither one of us saw Homeland because there was no future episode for it in our library but, as soon as the episode existed, it showed up.

So, it appears there is a problem with creating the future episodes in the library.

• Like 1

Yes, looking at the code this is exactly what is going on.  The upcoming list is simply built from library items that are set to air in the future.  So we need to be looking at why we are no longer creating future episodes for many shows.

• Like 2

Heckler

Yes, looking at the code this is exactly what is going on.  The upcoming list is simply built from library items that are set to air in the future.  So we need to be looking at why we are no longer creating future episodes for many shows.

Nice one @@ebr  I look forward to a fix in the future.  :)

Edited by Heckler

DarWun

FYI the issues I was having with unaired, missing and upcoming tv show episodes not showing up correctly that lead to my original post have been resolved with the latest developer's build (3.0.5400.37910).  Excellent work Team MediaBrowser!!!

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if anyone knows what's causing the problem with a lot of TV shows being missed from the 'Upcoming' shows section?

This first started a few weeks back with a show or two missing and probably like many of you this 'upcoming' feature is much needed to keep track of what TV shows are airing that day.

It's got to the point now that there are maybe 5-6 shows missing from the list of shows that should be appearing in there and I can't work out why they are missing!

If I add a new episode of one of the TV shows to my library that's not showing up in my 'Upcoming' list and then refresh the Upcoming screen the show will then show up magically on the upcoming list!

Is there a bug or has a change been made to how the 'Upcoming' list works or get's it's data as this started a few weeks back and feels like it's getting worse :*(

Please can anyone help!!!

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if anyone knows what's causing the problem with a lot of TV shows being missed from the 'Upcoming' shows section?

This first started a few weeks back with a show or two missing and probably like many of you this 'upcoming' feature is much needed to keep track of what TV shows are airing that day.

It's got to the point now that there are maybe 5-6 shows missing from the list of shows that should be appearing in there and I can't work out why they are missing!

If I add a new episode of one of the TV shows to my library that's not showing up in my 'Upcoming' list and then refresh the Upcoming screen the show will then show up magically on the upcoming list!

Is there a bug or has a change been made to how the 'Upcoming' list works or get's it's data as this started a few weeks back and feels like it's getting worse :*(

Please can anyone help!!!

Did you read the couple of messages just above the one you posted?

sorry ebr - missed it - I posted as a new topic and my post got moved to here - going to try the new update to see if it fixes the problem :)

Heckler

I can't try the dev build, as I don't have a spare system to try it on and there would be hell to pay if I mess around with the main server for 'testing' and interrupting other peoples use of it. So I shall have to wait for an official release and update then.