NextPVR plugin interface with NPVR v4.x.x clarification?

bishoph

bishoph

Hi - I just want to make sure I'm clear on the latest environment with NPVR and Emby interfacing..I've read as many other posts as I can find.

I still use NextPVR version 4 (4.2.5) desktop client...is it correct there is no NextPVR plugin for Emby anymore that will interface with that?

The latest plugin I think I've read is upgraded to only work with NPVR v5 which is their upgrade, which I have not installed (yet) b/c I still do a lot of things in NPVR with live TV like running executables for channel changing on channels.  I got the impression v5 doesn't work with that as well.

I used to love how you could scheduled a recording in Emby's guide and it would transfer through to NextPVR's module, Emby was acting as a client.  I'm using Emby to record now too, just curious if the old way still exists.

Thanks!

emveepee

Correct, Emby removed the two-way interface with NextPVR so they must run run independently possibly with conflicts.  It doesn't matter if you use v4 or v5.   v5 does allow you to run programs for changing programs too, that is how how tune my STB capture devices on Linux.

I think v4 has the m3u interface but I honestly don't remember.

Martin

bishoph

Ok thanks Martin - yea I'm interfacing with my NPVR via an m3u link (I'm running NPVR on a separate machine - NPVR v4 is still addressable at a URL such as http://[npvrhostcomputeripaddress]:[npvrport]/channels and Emby retrieves complete channel listing that way.

Edited by bishoph