Add text box to enter alternate movie name when getting subtitles

AlPilon

AlPilon

I have found that many movies return 'no subtitle found' when searching because of the existence of spaces, dashes, semi-colons, etc. in the movie name. The actual movie file name must then be played with to try to find the proper subtitles, which then messes with the other files and the database itself. A simple solution would be a new textbox included on the subtitle search page with the normal movie name info defaulted in, but then could be edited to aid in finding a subtitle if the normal name returned no results. This should be a simple fix, but would greatly add to the ease of use for retrieving subtitle files.

Edited by AlPilon
spelling

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example? Thanks.

AlPilon
Posted (edited)

OK. For instance, I have the Naked Gun movies with the following names:

The Naked Gun 2 1.2.mkv

The Naked Gun 33 1.3.mkv

Both of these return 'No results found', but both of these have many subtitles on OpenSubtitles.org.

Another is The Navigator A Mediaeval Odyssey.mkv. On OpenSubtitles, it is listed as The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey.

There have been others, but I modified the file name until it returned a result. I can't really remember which ones they were.

Thanks for the quick response.

Edited by AlPilon
Added additional example

• 2 weeks later...

@AlPilon in the emby metadata editor do you have an imdb id set for these titles? Try filling those in and then see if that helps with your opensubtitles results.